Geocaching.com Member Survey B

ArtMan

I just got an email from Groundspeak asking me to participate in an online survey.

Notably, there were no particular questions about Benchmarks.

In fact, the only way I was able to indicate any interest in benchmarking was the single open-ended question, which asked what one thing I would change about the geocaching.com website. (I said, bringing the benchmark database up to date.)

Anyone else been asked to complete this survey? I don't know how widely they are sampling users, and I would be curious.

ArtMan

I got the survey and added that I would love to see the benchmarks database updated, have the ability to run PQs for benchmarks, and would love to see the ability to delete bogus benchmark finds. I even worked in how active the benchmarking thread is on the GC.com forums. Not that it would matter, but at least it shows there is interest.

Edited by AstroD-Team

Got the same e-mail and had the same problems responding, so I left them blank.

I just got an email from Groundspeak asking me to participate in an online survey.

Notably, there were no particular questions about Benchmarks.

In fact, the only way I was able to indicate any interest in benchmarking was the single open-ended question, which asked what one thing I would change about the geocaching.com website. (I said, bringing the benchmark database up to date.)

Anyone else been asked to complete this survey? I don't know how widely they are sampling users, and I would be curious.

ArtMan

I answered the survey the consumer way, with my pocketbook--I didn't renew my membership this year. I don't use any GC.com services and since we benchmarkers have not had any real support in the 5 years I have been a member I have stopped supporting the site. If they add any features I think are worth 30 bucks a year I will reconsider.

My survey arrived via E-Mail on Friday, April 23rd. Like others, I made reference to the benchmark hunting Forum, when possible. Since the issue of updating the database had been covered by others, I went with the "motivational" approach for my final entry:

Your support of benchmark hunting is greatly appreciated. It is appropriate to be on the geocaching site, since many caches are near benchmarks. As a result, many folks have expanded their hobby to include benchmark hunting. It's convenient and educational to have both aspects on one site. In supporting benchmarks, the site is providing an additional service to the primary users.