I need a really evil container

I'm planning a series of caches (it's going to take a while to get it all together) but for one I need a serious EVIL cache container. Something practically impossible to open. Not meaning something just really hard to get the lid off, but something that you'd have to figure out how to do. Like, if there was a way to have to solve a rubiks cube in order to open said cube, that would be perfect. Something like that. Any ideas?

You should try living close to this guy: Iowa Tom.

In regards to your question check out this cache: Newton's Third Law

From the Iowa Admin's Geocaching Blog

I don't know of any other geocacher who creates more ingenious and fun geocaches. Quite simply, he is the best geocache creator I know of. So this is a challenge to all my readers: Look at Iowa Tom's geocaches and see if you can nominate another geocacher who has a better portfolio of caches.

On the IGO forum: Tom's corner

Edited by BlueDeuce

I was thinking something like this but I very much doubt that thing is waterproof.

I've come across one of those. They just housed it inside a (larger) cache container.

Yeah, I thought of that, but was afraid someone might mistake it for swag an remove it. I suppose if I wrote LOG on it in sharpie on the back it might still work.

If you use this, or something similar, you'll get people who just "sign" the outside of the container. I'm assuming that you won't want to allow such "Finds" to stand, so you might want to make that clear in the cache description, and be prepared to audit the logbook periodically.

I want to do one with this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31sb...L500_AA250_.jpg

It's basically a maze you have to get a small steel ball through to release the drawer. The drawer isn't roomy, but enough for a log. I used to have one and want to use it for a cache, but I have not been able to find it...

That looks harder than the one I found, where would I get one of those?

How hard do you want it to be and how much are you willing to spend? How about one that locks and the key is inside? You have to work the key thru a maze you can't see to get it out, so you can unlock it. Made in 1-5 difficulty. I wanted to buy one but they were out of my price range. $30 and up. I'm going to try and make one or 2.

How hard do you want it to be and how much are you willing to spend? How about one that locks and the key is inside? You have to work the key thru a maze you can't see to get it out, so you can unlock it. Made in 1-5 difficulty. I wanted to buy one but they were out of my price range. $30 and up. I'm going to try and make one or 2.

I made one of those for a puzzle. cost to make was around $34.

I didn't know you could buy em premade. mine is a 5 difficulty.

I want to do one with this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31sb...L500_AA250_.jpg

It's basically a maze you have to get a small steel ball through to release the drawer. The drawer isn't roomy, but enough for a log. I used to have one and want to use it for a cache, but I have not been able to find it...

That looks harder than the one I found, where would I get one of those?

bilz puzzles.

clicky

I was thinking something like this but I very much doubt that thing is waterproof.

I've come across one of those. They just housed it inside a (larger) cache container.

Yeah, I thought of that, but was afraid someone might mistake it for swag an remove it. I suppose if I wrote LOG on it in sharpie on the back it might still work.

If you use this, or something similar, you'll get people who just "sign" the outside of the container. I'm assuming that you won't want to allow such "Finds" to stand, so you might want to make that clear in the cache description, and be prepared to audit the logbook periodically.

make it a multi

put that maze thing in a container, hide it

instead of a log book put in a paper with coordinates to the next stage where the log book is

that would keep people from signing the outside of the container

I came across one of these as the 1st stage of a multi - we knew the next stage was in there but we couldnt' open it. And unfortunately, we broke the drawer latch with not much effort at all, these are NOT made for heavy duty, outdoor use.

Evil! and SO tempting! Much better as a multi-stage than a cache itself, since the space inside is so small. just be aware they aren't made for many users, or outdoor use.