GEOCACHE UK NOW ON FACEBOOK

hi all just started on this very cool pastime and i love it after only finding 2 sites :)

as most ppl have facebook now i was thinking i better start a group up for other uk members to chat to each other and share the local sites

if you want to join heres the link

Geocaching south east england

COME SAY HI

BUT PLEASE ONLY UK / SOUTH EAST MEMBERS THANKS...

Edited by prosniper

hi all just started on this very cool pastime and i love it after only finding 2 sites :)

as most ppl have facebook now i was thinking i better start a group up for other uk members to chat to each other and share the local sites

if you want to join heres the link

Geocaching south east england

COME SAY HI

Well sorry, but I joined the one you originally posted, I ain't changing my mind and I ain't joining no more.

Give the them a break folks, newcomer and already you are trying to scare them away.

i all ready have gone

i dont like the bitchy nature of the ppl on here as all i was trying to do was help ppl come toghter.

I WONT BE COMING BACK ON HERE AGAIN...! :)

as the first three of so post's were quite clear what the ppl are like on here

Apologies for my brief and flippant replies - very uncalled for - my apologies.

I still feel as setting up groups on Facebook is so easy, quick and simple, there soon will be too many and people won't know where to go to the information they require - it's well worth doing a search or two before starting a new group to see if you'd be replicating what already exists.

Steve/Birdie

Give the them a break folks, newcomer and already you are trying to scare them away.

Good call. Yes it easy to set up groups on facebook, superfluous groups get set up for all sorts of things, not just geocaching. Human and democratic nature takes care of which ones are successful or not.

Sometimes just best to let something fail or succeed on it's merits. Should we all drive just one model of car or eat at just one branded restaurant?

i all ready have gone

i dont like the bitchy nature of the ppl on here as all i was trying to do was help ppl come toghter.

I WONT BE COMING BACK ON HERE AGAIN...!

as the first three of so post's were quite clear what the ppl are like on here

Gosh what a shame. :):D:D Not sure what to say really.

Edited by sonatellas

Shame that the OP has decided to avoid the Forum from now on, but it is nice to see that they are still caching and seem enthusiastic about it.

Quite often the enthusiasm that people feel about discovering something that is new, to them, takes over and they say and do things without thinking it through first.

The OP probably thought that it would be a good idea to set up the Facebook group without realising that there was possibly groups already, after all they are new to this wonderful obsession that we are all part of.

Maybe in future some kind words of wisdom and guidance instead of the sniping.

Shame that the OP has decided to avoid the Forum from now on, but it is nice to see that they are still caching and seem enthusiastic about it.

Quite often the enthusiasm that people feel about discovering something that is new, to them, takes over and they say and do things without thinking it through first.

The OP probably thought that it would be a good idea to set up the Facebook group without realising that there was possibly groups already, after all they are new to this wonderful obsession that we are all part of.

Maybe in future some kind words of wisdom and guidance instead of the sniping.

I was pointing out that a group already existed - that was all - I wasn't sniping. My reply was however brief, for which I've apologised.

Of course there is no reason why there can't be 20 Facebook groups for cachers in the South East, though I guess it's confusing for newbies to know which one to join!

Anyway - enough from me - I'll just shut up.

That last quote really peeved me off...........why only folks from the South East?

I live in Durham as many on this forum will know but we have been to events and cached all over the country, I am a member of the SE forums, NW forums, 2 Scottish forums, the Welsh forums, the Yorkshire forums, East Anglia forums (and a few more) ect.........none of those forums said you can't join because you are from the North East!!! So why say that?

One day I may be planning to go to a different area for a weeks holiday and to go caching in that area it would then be nice to go to that forum and see which caches are recommended, and maybe look to see who lives in that area that I know so I could email them and ask them to suggest caches for us to do, the forums from all area are a wealth of information for outsiders..

I have had several cachers contact me before coming to this area for suggestions or even PAF whilst out caching away from home, we all try to help each other where we can, we couldn't do that if we stopped people from joining forums outside of their own areas..

Sheesh and they reckon there is no North / South divide..........

:D:blink::):D

Rant over......

Mandy :D;)

That last quote really peeved me off...........why only folks from the South East?

You could say it's an East/West divide..... You Northerners always wanna bring up a North/South divide don't ya? lol :)

You could say it's an East/West divide..... You Northerners always wanna bring up a North/South divide don't ya? lol :)

You don't want to talk to those carrot munching westerners. Us Swede gnoring Easterners are way better!