Texas Geocachers

I would like you to share where you live in texas. What has been your favorite texas geocache and why. Also your favorite place to go geocaching in texas. I live in mountgomery texas on lake conroe. My favorite cache was my first in the sam houston national forest called db cooper. But by far my favorite place to gocaching is enchanted rock. Happy caching.

Hey we are not too far from you. We live in College Station, Texas which is only about 50 miles from you. We just started Geocaching a couple of weeks ago - but so far my favorite Cache is probably the Aggie TB Lodge by JBStinkbottom&Crew which is only about 2 miles from my house. It only houses Travel bugs/coins etc and it is a neat looking cache!

We've been Geocaching with my iPhone, but I just got a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx a couple days ago. Still trying to set it up and figure it out - think I will enjoy it once I'm not so overwhelmed with all the features and stop being pissed off at the fact that buying an expensive GPS doesn't mean you get maps with it, even though being able to navigate with maps is the entire point of a GPS!

Take care,

Hey we are not too far from you. We live in College Station, Texas which is only about 50 miles from you. We just started Geocaching a couple of weeks ago - but so far my favorite Cache is probably the Aggie TB Lodge by JBStinkbottom&Crew which is only about 2 miles from my house. It only houses Travel bugs/coins etc and it is a neat looking cache!

We've been Geocaching with my iPhone, but I just got a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx a couple days ago. Still trying to set it up and figure it out - think I will enjoy it once I'm not so overwhelmed with all the features and stop being pissed off at the fact that buying an expensive GPS doesn't mean you get maps with it, even though being able to navigate with maps is the entire point of a GPS!

Take care,

I loved my 60CS. I now have a Colorado, and I sold my 60CS to a friend only because my husband still has his 60CSx. I know it stinks to have to get the maps, but do it. My husband says to get the micro sd card with the whole U.S. on it. He said it's so much better than downloading partial maps.

Another place to get in touch with Texas cachers is www.texasgeocaching.com. It's an active forum, and people visit there that never visit these forums.

Welcome to the hobby!

I would like you to share where you live in texas. What has been your favorite texas geocache and why. Also your favorite place to go geocaching in texas. I live in mountgomery texas on lake conroe. My favorite cache was my first in the sam houston national forest called db cooper. But by far my favorite place to gocaching is enchanted rock. Happy caching.

O....M....G!!! Montgomery is my hometown! I will have to send you an email to see if I "know" you. (Forgiveness from the others as Montgomery WAS a town of only 401 people for as long as I can remember).

I have favorites for different reasons as well. Find my logs on

GCW3Y9

GCRN9M

GC18XH6

GC2195V

Sorry, but I haven't figured out how to link on this site yet....:ph34r:

Daddy Daughter Diggers here and we live in Denton. Multiple favorites for different reasons but the one we talk about the most was out very first finds in Geocaching. They are still at the most beautiful locations I have seen since we started several years ago.

The corral down in North Austin. It's where we took the profile pic we use here.

Popping over to TexasGeo site now.

Joined the world of GC last year but the life of a Mother of 4 keeps this Mommy VERY busy with life, and college at night.

But this summer Im going to try and get back into Caching!!

My GC name is Kitten&Cowboy. I live in East Houston.

My fave is probably the FIRST one I ever found ON MY OWN.

I'm Semper Questio from Round Rock (just a bit north of Austin). Been doin' this sine January, 2004.

Favorite? Hmmm. Way too many I like to pick a favorite. The APE cache in Washington will always be a highlight as will the Original Stash, partly because of the history, but also because they were some special trips with my brother.

Some local favorites would be Boobie Girdlebuns, Take A Nap, Route Sixty Sick (now archived),....geeze, the list could go on forever.

We geocache as a family and have had along one set of grandparents or the other on most of our finds. We just started caching on June 5th of this year. We live north of Weatherford and cache mainly around Weatherford and Mineral Wells. We are also currently working to complete the TxGCC set of caches. This has been a great activity for us and we thoroughly enjoy it!

We are also new to geocaching. Just started last weekend with the Magellan eXplorist GC I bought my husband for Father's Day, as I wanted to get him something that would help us get out and about as a family. We have 2 small boys who are just thrilled with the whole idea of treasure hunting.

I will check the texasgeocaching site as well.

Howdy from Lockney Texas........our favorites are the ones yet to come! We love to do this. We incorporate it in all our travels! Love to cache off the motorcycles!! Hope to get a gathering of local and maybe not so locals soon.....Anyone else have a gathering they are planning. I am open to some hints and ideas!

Team Biker Cache :anibad:

Howdy from Lockney Texas........our favorites are the ones yet to come! We love to do this. We incorporate it in all our travels! Love to cache off the motorcycles!! Hope to get a gathering of local and maybe not so locals soon.....Anyone else have a gathering they are planning. I am open to some hints and ideas!

Team Biker Cache :laughing:

Hi I live in Sulpur Springs Texas and like geocaching riding my motorcycle to sites. I am presently out in New Mexico on vacation and placed one of the travel bugs out here. I will be going to Colorado next and placing another travel bug I found in Texas . Happy geocaching ( Texiken891)

we are new to geocaching and thus have not picked a fave yet. We live in Denison Texas right by lake texoma. wow there are a bunch of caches around here!

Hey me to!

There are tons here. Heck, theres one about 75yrds from my front door, HAHA. Love it.

Just started this week. Had heard my friend talk about doing it for a while, but just recently downloaded the iPhone app and have been trucking around for a few.

Going to get some more done this weekend.

Dropped of a decent pair of sunglasses at (N 33° 45.713 W 096° 35.281) for those interested. They're polarized, :laughing:

I'm in McKinney - Collin County, north of Dallas. Just started geocaching - 14 finds as of this morning. Most of those finds were in Oklahoma last week during a vacation, so no Texas favorites yet. I've done all of them with my 7 year old, and a few with my 3 year old (both boys) and I think I'll probably be doing some of the more challenging ones myself!

Hello from Midlothian, Texas (just south of Dallas/Ft Wort). I am brand new to caching. I found my first one yesterday. It was a 2 min walk from my house! There is supposed to be one right across the street from my house, in the woods, but I haven't found it yet. I am super excited about all my future adventures! My kids and husband are pretty excited too.

We are new to geocaching and are in Cedar Park (north part of Austin). We are doing this with our 8 year old son and several of our friends who are seasoned geocachers. Our teenage daughter has enjoyed some of the parking lot ones because she doesn't like bugs. We appreciate there is something out there for everybody.

However, the harder and more climbing we have to do through the woods is what my son craves. The dirtier, the better.

We got a kick out of this one and is our favorite to date: GCA7F9

It put us in a section of a park NOBODY would ever go unless they were geocaching. And it was BEAUTIFUL. It was tricky to climb and a little scary to pull out the cache. But it all added to the adventure.

Man and wife team here! Dallas area. Granted, complete greenhorn still but already hooked and got the bug. :huh: Favorite cache? Hmm, I guess mine would have to be my first, GC21BVN. I had my curiosity piqued by a friend in the UK who told me about this.. I went out, spent about five min utes looking and was elated to find the nano-cache. Signed my ID and date and put back, watching like a paranoid crazy person for any muggles (yeah, like my whoop at finding it didn't alert me to all ^^:P before slipping it back in. Been hooked ever since.

Jeddar

Mad.n.Dad here. We're in the Longview area. Got turned on to caching about a month ago by my wife's brother and sister-in-law. Had never heard about it. My wife won't go, but my daughter and I are having a blast. No favorites yet, but we've planted a couple with some REAL treasures (proof coins and such). I was tired of finding silly bands. Looking forward to spending more quality time with my teen daughter.

I'm in the Texas Panhandle area - Amarillo. Learned about geocaching 6 years ago but it was such a pain to get coordinates in my old GPS that I never really pursued it. Now that I have my Droid I downloaded the c:geo app and it's SOOO much easier to get cache coordinates spur of the moment.

Don't have a favorite cache yet, but LOVE hiking in Palo Duro Canyon. I saw that there are several caches there but haven't gone in pursuit of them yet. Will here in a couple weeks once it cools off a bit more and the trees start to change color - too pretty!

Wow--I have so many connections with so many of you! I'm in graduate school in Indiana right now, but Texas is home! I grew up in Houston, went to Baylor University in Waco (graduated in May), have friends in Granbury, I LOVE Enchanted Rock (but haven't been there in 10 years).

Wow, how cool is this?!

Hello to all TGCers...

Glad to be home! Moved back to Texas after a 32 year absence. I now live in Round Rock with my beautiful family. I've been a member of GC sonce 2005, but never had an outing until this last weekend. Took the kids "treasure" hunting. They had a blast.

Look forward to meeting other TGCers on the trail.

Howdy from Kerrville in the wonderful Texas Hill Country. The cachers here are quite creative and inventive, and they have put out a bunch of make-you-think, scratch-your-head, trust-your-GPS caches. NDgeojean and my favorite cache is "Right Behind the Bench," GC27G5K. As a side note, cachers here have put out 21 new caches within the past week. It's hard to keep up.

Howdy from Kerrville in the wonderful Texas Hill Country. The cachers here are quite creative and inventive, and they have put out a bunch of make-you-think, scratch-your-head, trust-your-GPS caches. NDgeojean and my favorite cache is "Right Behind the Bench," GC27G5K. As a side note, cachers here have put out 21 new caches within the past week. It's hard to keep up.

Sheldon here havnt went caching yet but plan to soon

Tyler, Tx here.

Been looking for about a year now.

Have only found six. Unable to look that much, but when I do get out, it is enjoyable.

Out of the six I have found, my favorite is the one pretty much at I69 N. and I20 E.

The one where you have to take the feeder on the south side I20 that deadends.

Always interesting stuff in there. Would love to pickup a travel bug and take it futher down it's intended route. Maybe next year can do it.

Happy hunting y'all

Keith

From the Lumberton area (just north of Beaumont) here. We've found some great caches over the years and like the OP, one of my favorites is the DB Cooper cache. Of course, the Four Cache Loop, GCD100 is in that same area and a favorite too. I think i've hiked that one 4 times now and had a great time each trip. :rolleyes:

See ya'll on the trails! :)

I moved to Collin County Texas 2.5 years ago. I don't know a lot of people yet, but love to get out next to nature. We have a lengthy biking/walking trail nearby and I'm hoping to find caches there. Since I'm a newbie I don't really know what to expect though, as far as walking/driving/climbing over ravines and crevices..... As long as I'm outside I suppose it doesn't matter. :huh:

In the Garland/Richardson area in Dallas County. Fiance and I are new, new, new; only 18 finds at this point. Ran across GC on the web and said hey that looks fun. It is, EXCEPT for the CHIGGERS that keep hitching rides on us. Favorite so far is An Ammo Can(GC42YN1) and it is because of the overall experience.