Looking for a family to cache with

KingArther

We are somewhat new to geocaching and very new to our GPS unit. As a result we are seriously challenged in knowing how to get what we need from the GPS unit. We do not know many members and would love to meet another family to go with... especially if they have elementary school age kids and know how to use a GPS. If you and your family would like to team up with us we are Kingarther.

We are somewhat new to geocaching and very new to our GPS unit. As a result we are seriously challenged in knowing how to get what we need from the GPS unit. We do not know many members and would love to meet another family to go with... especially if they have elementary school age kids and know how to use a GPS. If you and your family would like to team up with us we are Kingarther.

I'd say OK, but I'm even further away than t4e... but in the same country... not the USA...

Two things jump to mind... I see where you are through some research... you should fill in your profile to say approximately where you are... Mine says Elkford BC, which is my town and province... t4e is from Kitchener ON, etc. You don't have to be even that specific... county and state would do... This is one big continent and a bigger world for sure. I DO NOT suggest giving home address etc.

Having said that, there are also country and regional forums further down the GSForums main page...

I know there is one covering your home region (from your caching history).. NC is some nice country...

pardon me if the mountain areas are not quite our Rockies, but in their day... I was partial to the Asheville area at one time.

That would be a more productive group to search / advertise yourself in... and this might migrate over there after a while...

Any how Good Luck hunting... this is a good area for general questions. Lots of opinions and facts.

Doug

There are US regional as well as individual country forums. It may be best to post there to find someone near by to cache with. Another question is " where are you???" My family and I would love to cache with you guys. We are in Western NY. If you happen to live here, we can do it. If your are Nevada, Argentina or New Zealand, we may have trouble arranging a meeting. Give us a clue where you are. If we knew where you are, it would be much easier for a local to find you. We don't need a street address but a general location would be a great help. Happy Caching!!! :laughing:

Edited by Borst68

I like the website meetup.com, you can search for groups by interest, try searching for "geocaching" ;) If there's no group in your local area, start one! Before long you will have a few members, and then you can plan a geocaching trip somewhere to grab a few caches as a group.

There are US regional as well as individual country forums. It may be best to post there to find someone near by to cache with. Another question is " where are you???" My family and I would love to cache with you guys. We are in Western NY. If you happen to live here, we can do it. If your are Nevada, Argentina or New Zealand, we may have trouble arranging a meeting. Give us a clue where you are. If we knew where you are, it would be much easier for a local to find you. We don't need a street address but a general location would be a great help. Happy Caching!!! :ph34r:

I have updated our profile to include location. Thanks to all who alerted me to this missing information.