race car 2010... ?

Turtle_Sask

Hi everyone just have a question to ask, I live in Regina and noticed that tonight there has been 70+ caches published for the race car 2010 thing. I'm not familiar with this event. there are 70 caches that are dedicated to this race car theme. My question is what is this? I love how 70 caches are published at once, I'm looking forward to getting my first FTF if i am able to get one. And each cache is not able to be found until a certain time? If someone could clarify what this event is that would be great!!!

Thanks for the advice in advance

-Mike

Project RACECAR 2010 event page

Hello! This is not an event themed on racecars. RACECAR stands for Regina Area Cache Explosion - Cache and Release event. This is the first time Regina is hosting an event where the focus is on creating more cache hides in the area (link posted above). For the event, you can start finding caches at 12:01 in the morning tonight then you have until 6pm on Apr. 24th to find as many as you can. There will be a wind up BBQ the next day. Read the listing for more details.

There are several of these type of events across the country. IIRC, the first ones were in Ottawa (GAGE - Go and Get 'Em). I've attended Cache and Release events in Saskatoon, Calgary, and Edmonton and they can be a lot of fun! I encourage you to read the event listing to learn more about the event in Regina.

Incidentally, there is also a CITO on the 25th which I might just be in town to attend! If so, I hope to see you there!