Geocaching Survey

Castle Mischief

I am unsurveyed. The Blue Bow feels slighted.

Me too. Maybe people just don't like me. Sniff, sniff...

I guess we unwashed and unsurveyed should for a support group. :)

I feel your pain. Maybe we should form a group in off topic to lament our woes. Can I get a badge for being unsurveyed?

Need a listing of home addresses for the hiders of exceptionally lame caches or those who never maintain their hides despite numerous logs regarding soaked caches, multiple consecutive DNF logs, etc. Then we could "visit" those folks with pitchforks and such. Just an idea.........

Funny, I like the idea, but can we get you too with the pitchforks (even if ya get sick for a spell)? ;)

Also said there was a need for a rating system. In addition I said I'd like to see caches closest to my home coords come up first when I search based on keywords - not that interested in caches in Upper Volta with a similar name to the one in the next suburb. Can't be that hard.

Did anyone notice the question about how many caches you found before you placed your first? My hunch is that they might like cachers to find a certain number (50?) before they are 'permitted' to place a cache so as to reduce some of the rubbish. Then again I may be dreaming.

Word is starting to spread about a survey that some cachers are getting via email about geocaching and geocaching.com. Should everybody (with a valid email address) be getting this? Should we wait to get ours or could some more information be posted here?

I have it from a very reliable source that only platinum members and group that is even more elite than platinum, a sort of MIB group, are the only ones receiving the survey. I have been told that anyone posting any information about the survey will simply disappear, posts, caches, finds, everything. I hope I will be able to post after I hit the Add Reply button.

I though for a second my membership had been upgraded :unsure: but no ;) still just premium.... :rolleyes:

In addition I said I'd like to see caches closest to my home coords come up first when I search based on keywords - not that interested in caches in Upper Volta with a similar name to the one in the next suburb. Can't be that hard.

That would be a very useful feature.

Did anyone notice the question about how many caches you found before you placed your first? My hunch is that they might like cachers to find a certain number (50?) before they are 'permitted' to place a cache so as to reduce some of the rubbish. Then again I may be dreaming.

I hope they would also include a time requirement. Must be a member for at least 3 months before submitting a cache. That way it shows some commitment to the game.

For any who did not yet see the announcement about the Groundspeak Member Survey, here is a link to it:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=247348

I didn't get one and just wanted to make sure my email preferences were correct and everything except for show my email address is checked, including "Inform me of helpful tips, new features and changes to the web site."

Are those the right settings to receive things like this?

Edited by Skippermark
For any who did not yet see the announcement about the Groundspeak Member Survey, here is a link to it:

I didn't get one and just wanted to make sure my email preferences were correct and everything except for show my email address is checked, including "Inform me of helpful tips, new features and changes to the web site."

Hmm. I would think so. I have the same stuff checked. Well, I don't receive the emails in HTML, but I'm sure that's nothing.

It will be going out to many members over the next several weeks. Your settings are right, Skippermark.

The last notifications page from Groundspeak (I saw it yesterday, may have been earlier) stated that surveys will be arriving in the next few weeks via greasemonkey.

CJ's out of town and the computer illiterate is here.

Would that mean that only those that have greasemonkey already installed will get the survey?

Thought if it could be sent to anyone, it wouldn't be necessary to add how it was being sent in the statement.

Thanks for your time.

The last notifications page from Groundspeak (I saw it yesterday, may have been earlier) stated that surveys will be arriving in the next few weeks via greasemonkey.

SurveyMonkey which is an online survey site / software / service, not GreaseMonkey, the Firefox add-on. I know they're all monkeys, but they have nothing to do with each other :huh: