Geocaching Survey

Castle Mischief

Word is starting to spread about a survey that some cachers are getting via email about geocaching and geocaching.com. Should everybody (with a valid email address) be getting this? Should we wait to get ours or could some more information be posted here?

I have it from a very reliable source that only platinum members and group that is even more elite than platinum, a sort of MIB group, are the only ones receiving the survey. I have been told that anyone posting any information about the survey will simply disappear, posts, caches, finds, everything. I hope I will be able to post after I hit the Add Reply button.

Word is starting to spread about a survey that some cachers are getting via email about geocaching and geocaching.com. Should everybody (with a valid email address) be getting this? Should we wait to get ours or could some more information be posted here?

I can remember getting one in 2006 or so (wild guess). I haven't heard of any since then, but I could be wrong. I do not know of anyone else who was chosen for that survey, so I think the pool of those selected was pretty small. I have no clue what they might do here though.

First rule of geocaching survey: You do not talk about geocaching survey.

There are well over a million users registered on the site. The poor little monkey would get overwhelmed if everyone tried to fill out the survey at the same time, so they're probably just sending out a few (tens of) thousand emails a day until they hit everybody. You're other account will probably get hit in a few days.

I can remember getting one in 2006 or so (wild guess). I haven't heard of any since then, but I could be wrong. I do not know of anyone else who was chosen for that survey, so I think the pool of those selected was pretty small. I have no clue what they might do here though.

I just received one and filled it out in no time. Nice survey - good practical questions.

I have it from a very reliable source that only platinum members and group that is even more elite than platinum, a sort of MIB group, are the only ones receiving the survey.

I got one! Does this mean I'm finally a.......dare I say it....a...a...!!!!!

Edit: Nevermind. :)

Edited by BlueDeuce

I have it from a very reliable source that only platinum members and group that is even more elite than platinum, a sort of MIB group, are the only ones receiving the survey.

I got one! Does this mean I'm finally a.......dare I say it....a...a...!!!!!

Edit: Nevermind. :)

Blue eyed cat? Yes, at least for now. :D

What cat? :D

See avatar displayed beneath your caching name just to the left of each of your posts. If it isn't a cat I offer my apologies. :)

No problem, you're a dog so probably everything looks like a cat to you.

I don't get it. What Geocaching Survey? :)

This isn't the survey you are looking for. Move along.

See avatar displayed beneath your caching name just to the left of each of your posts. If it isn't a cat I offer my apologies. :)

Well now you look like a monkey. Not trying to be insulting...just sayin'

This isn't the survey you are looking for. Move along.

To where? I am so confused. What happened to the cat?

Blue eyed cat? Yes, at least for now. :)

I would try blue bacon but I don't think it would be very appealing to most folks. :D

Blue eyed cat? Yes, at least for now. :)

I would try blue bacon but I don't think it would be very appealing to most folks. :D

mmmmm bacon. The weekend IS upon us! Long live bacon. OR long shall I enjoy eating bacon. Or bacon is good so you should cook it and eat it. But I must say if the bacon is blue when I want to start cooking it...out it goes.

I would try blue bacon but I don't think it would be very appealing to most folks. :)

OK, now we need a survey to see what people think your avatar looks like.

I searched for it on TinEye and found lots of people using it for their avatar.

I'm guessing it is a color altered version of this:

500x_4526619322_a1b2576bdd_o.jpg

I kept waiting to see:

17. How 'bout them virtuals, huh?

A. Yep

B. Nope

C. (Yawn)

BTW, how many people used the last free text box to express an opinion on virts even though

the question wasn't asked? :)

This could just be me (and probably is), but I was kind of thrown off guard, and didn't realize the survey was going to end immediately after that "free text box". But I will bet you they got several "bring back virtual" rants. :laughing:

I kept waiting to see:

17. How 'bout them virtuals, huh?

A. Yep

B. Nope

C. (Yawn)

BTW, how many people used the last free text box to express an opinion on virts even though

the question wasn't asked? :)

This could just be me (and probably is), but I was kind of thrown off guard, and didn't realize the survey was going to end immediately after that "free text box". But I will bet you they got several "bring back virtual" rants. :laughing:

I asked for a rating system, something to help separate the wheat from the chaff.

I asked for a rating system, something to help separate the wheat from the chaff.

Same here...

I replied something similar to : Having access to ratings, way too many ordinary cache populate the world now and I believe it is important to introduce new geocachers into creating interesting cache and not only throw a tupperware under a tree (simplistic example). I believe ratings would get people to surpass themself for cache creation whatever they want us to discover an extraordinary place, an original concept, etc.

Edited by Rhialto

Need a listing of home addresses for the hiders of exceptionally lame caches or those who never maintain their hides despite numerous logs regarding soaked caches, multiple consecutive DNF logs, etc. Then we could "visit" those folks with pitchforks and such. Just an idea.........

I have it from a very reliable source that only platinum members and group that is even more elite than platinum, a sort of MIB group, are the only ones receiving the survey. I have been told that anyone posting any information about the survey will simply disappear, posts, caches, finds, everything. I hope I will be able to post after I hit the Add Reply button.

Wow, do we feel special....got the survey and filled it out in no time.

Wow, do we feel special....got the survey and filled it out in no time.

Well... that 'splains it. I guess those of us with the Aluminum memberships will be polled at a later date!!

edit to add- Oh my!!! I must have received an upgrade!! After posting I checked my email and I am now among the "Elite"!! (the surveyed elite, not the Blue Bow Elite)

Edited by NeecesandNephews