Getting pocket query onto GPS

SeJd

Now that I have a successful pocket query (with about 385 results) how do I get them onto my GPS? I am able to upload them to Road Trip and Maccaching, but when I send them to my GPS, all that gets there is a single .gpx file which is of no use.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Loading a PQ into the Colorado is a simple drag-n-drop task.

1. Connect your Colorado to your Mac and wait for the device's folder to appear on the desktop.
  2. Open that folder and navigate to the "GPX" folder within it.
  3. Drag-n-drop your PQ into the GPX folder.
  4. Close all windows and eject the device.
  5. Done.

Garmin Colorado Wiki Reference

I forgot to add:

When you disconnect your Colorado from your computer, you will need to restart it as it automatically powers-down upon disconnect. This reboot allows the GPS to load in the new GPX file.

Have fun out there!

Now that I have a successful pocket query (with about 385 results) how do I get them onto my GPS? I am able to upload them to Road Trip and Maccaching, but when I send them to my GPS, all that gets there is a single .gpx file which is of no use.

Hi SeJd

I just picked up an Oregon 450 this week myself. And I also use a Mac. I was getting frustrated with uploading to my DeLorme on a Mac.

I found that BaseCamp works pretty well. It can be found on Garmin's MacOSX software page. They have some decent software for a Mac.

http://www8.garmin.com/macosx/index.jsp

You download the ZIP archive (from your email) and double click on it to expand the folder. There will be two files. a wpt.gpx and a .gpx. Using Basecamp, open the .gpx and the points will be imported into a map view (unlike MacCaching's databse style). Select the list on the left you want to upload and click the Upload to GPS button at the top. Done.

The wpt.gpx are the extra waypoints loaded with some caches. (places to park, waypoints for puzzle caches, etc). You can select a couple or all waypoints and once selected upload to GPS.

I have had no luck with MacCaching uploading to either the DeLorme or the Garmin. However, I will be trying the other solution offered in this thread as well for uploading my benchmarks database (from MacCaching).

Now, I just need to figure out how to upload my Arizona.topo maps.

Good luck.