Feature Request

patned

I reference everything by the GC number rather than the cache name. Now and then, I get to the log page for a cache I've found, and forget which one I am logging. Would it be possible to get the GC # added to the logging page, preferrably right after the cache name? If it's already there and I'm just missing it (possible), please point it out to me.

Thanks.

The OP is referring to the actual log page (not the cache page). When you select "log your visit" it brings up the log entry page with the cache name after "In reference to:". He wants it to include the GC number as well.

You can always just hit the back button to return to the cache page to get the number. Well, that's assuming you get to the cache log page via the cache page, of course. You can get there several ways (from a previous log page, from field notes, etc.).

Not sure if the benefit is worth the programming effort.

Edited by Cache O'Plenty

What Lil Devil said. But maybe a picture is worth a thousand words.

838329755_93RqC-O.jpg

Strange. That GC wasn't there when I looked at a cache log before responding to the posts. Now it is. I'm sure it wasn't there. (It's an odd font)

I agree with Cache O'Plenty - strange! I would swear that the GC # was not there earlier, but it is now. I don't think I was that blind.

If it has always been there, I apologise for wasting everyone's time.

Ed

I agree with Cache O'Plenty - strange! I would swear that the GC # was not there earlier, but it is now. I don't think I was that blind.

If it has always been there, I apologise for wasting everyone's time.

I have no idea - maybe Lil Devil is more devilish than we know. I never really paid attention to that area of the screen before until this thread.

maybe Lil Devil is more devilish than we know.

big-grin.gif

the "GC Log Maximizer" greasemonkey script removes the GC code from the logging page.

If you were/are running that script, you won't see the GC Code. I actually had to disable that script to confirm it was there before I posted.

maybe Lil Devil is more devilish than we know.

big-grin.gif

the "GC Log Maximizer" greasemonkey script removes the GC code from the logging page.

If you were/are running that script, you won't see the GC Code. I actually had to disable that script to confirm it was there before I posted.

I'm running IE8 on XP, so that wasn't it. How did you change my screen from wherever you are? Are you one of those secret 'Titanium' members?