Can I take TB from own cache?

Several times, while doing maintenance on my own cache, I will find travel bugs, and feel tempted to take them, log them and move them on. Seems like an OK thing to do, but also seems like a cheap way to gather bugs. Any thoughts? Yes or No?

Travel bugs are meant to move. The bug owner wants you to enjoy their bug.

Go for it.

Edit: I almost forgot. MOVE THOSE BUGS! :)

Edited by BlueDeuce
Here is a twist on that question. What about TB that show up in caches I have already found? My girls love the TBs and moving them on. What about revisiting a cache to collect a TB?

Perfectly fine in my opinion. I don't do that, but I do revisit caches I've found to drop off a TB, and log a note.

As the cache owner you MUST leave 3 TBs for every one taken :D:D:)

Seriously, as others said as long as your intent is to get them traveling take as many as you want, especially if they have been sitting there too long.

OMG!! I have been in big violation of the "LighthouseSeekers Rule." I am in big trouble now.

Seriously, as an OTR driver, I can often get some quick miles for TBs that I find sitting, even in my own caches. The purpose of travelers is to travel, isn't it?

Here is a twist on that question. What about TB that show up in caches I have already found? My girls love the TBs and moving them on. What about revisiting a cache to collect a TB?

It's fine. You just log a "note" instead of a "found" since you've already found that cache. The bugs want to move, and will appreciate any help!