What are TB Hotels/Lodges?

nativtxn

Lots of variation on these but generally a regular size or bigger container. the intent is hold only TBs but many also have other swag.

You should be aware that such caches are somewhat controversial. Some cachers refer to them as travel bug prisons because trackable items can sit for months at a time. Others dislike them because owners try to enforce 'rules' for the tbs. Still others dislike the fact that if those caches get muggled - multiple trackables can disappear at once.

As others have stated, these are usually larger caches. Ammo cans, larger plastic containers and the like. The title "hotel" just means the owners like to see TBs and coins dropped there.

Sometimes owners of these 'hotels' attempt to enforce rules for trading. such as, "must trade equal number of travelers." A cache owner is not allowed to enforce rules like this. To claim a find, your only requirement for a regular cache is to sign the log. But that doesn't mean you will not run into the occasional 'dictator.' Cachers that would delete your log if you don't follow their rules are not the norm.

TBs and coins are intended to travel. At any cache, if you find a TB or coin, it is not considered a trade item. Read the info about TBs through GC. http://www.geocaching.com/track/faq.aspx

You didn't read it here, but if I found a TB hotel with rules, I'd make sure my posted log indicated that I followed them.

Edited by JoesBar

A good Travel Bug Hotel will be a high qualitly cache (ammo box etc), in a Muggle resistant location, with easy access to major transportation hub (airport, major hyway interchange etc.), and should not have Cache Owner (CO) imposed rules on trackable tradeing. A lot of Travel Bug Hotels do not meet these standards, and those ones should be avoided.

There is (or likely was) a TB hotel near here that said "This is a high muggle area, so be carfull of muggles" Dude? Realy? You should not have a TB hotel in a high muggle area! I just hope none of my trackables ever ends up in that cache!

PS, next TB hotel I find with rules, I am going to take all the trackables and move them to freindlyer caches.

Edited by Andronicus