Deleting Travel Bugs

I would like to know if there is a way of deleting a TB owned by us. This TB is being kept by a cacher in America (along with every other TB/coin he has picked up). We have grabbed it back but really would like to completely delete the record of it. Anyone know how? Thanks

You can not completely delete any trackable item from your own account: To do so would erase all trace of its past history and all previously logs made by other cachers (who might get a bit upset).

There are various ways to 'get rid of' an unwanted TB or at least make it less visible to yourselves:

As rutson mentioned, you could create another account name for yourselves (e.g. The Buffs Inactive Stuff) and adopt the lost TB over to it so it will belong to the other inactive account.

If you have an archived cache you could place the unwanted TB into it.

You can edit the name of the TB so that it has a Z in front of it. This means that the item drops down to the end of your list of trackables owned and it's easier to ignore it.

Of course you could re-release the TB using the Copy tag that was supplied with it or, if that's no longer around, just make a new TB label using the same tracking number to attached to a new item.

MrsB :P

You can not completely delete any trackable item from your own account: To do so would erase all trace of its past history and all previously logs made by other cachers (who might get a bit upset).

There are various ways to 'get rid of' an unwanted TB or at least make it less visible to yourselves:

As rutson mentioned, you could create another account name for yourselves (e.g. The Buffs Inactive Stuff) and adopt the lost TB over to it so it will belong to the other inactive account.

If you have an archived cache you could place the unwanted TB into it.

You can edit the name of the TB so that it has a Z in front of it. This means that the item drops down to the end of your list of trackables owned and it's easier to ignore it.

Of course you could re-release the TB using the Copy tag that was supplied with it or, if that's no longer around, just make a new TB label using the same tracking number to attached to a new item.

MrsB :P

Thx for both replies - had thought of re-releasing it but am worried that because the geocacher in America still has the TB he could grab it back at any time. I like the 2nd account option

Edited by The_Buffs

I assume you emailed him explaining that he's not meant to keep the trackable items? I wonder if he doesn't understand what they're for as one geocoin log says "TFTGC"

I have emailed him politely several times and have spoken to Groundspeak who have also contacted him. He doesn't reply so have given up on the TB - (at £4 its not worth the worry). Have now moved it into a spare account so at least it disapears from the drop box.

...how does he get away with it!!!!!!!

lmn

Being an American means it is likely he's armed. :D :D It's because of 'this sort of thing' that I don't release coins and think twice about TBs these days.

Hope you get it back :)

Edited by peifamily