Etrex Legend

I just purchased this used for $70 without the cable, I have so enjoyed geocaching that today I upgraded to a Oregon 450... I unfortunately ordered a couple of days ago the data cable that goes with this unit. I will sell it for $70 (free ship) including the cable.

Yodabuds

I just purchased this used for $70 without the cable, I have so enjoyed geocaching that today I upgraded to a Oregon 450... I unfortunately ordered a couple of days ago the data cable that goes with this unit. I will sell it for $70 (free ship) including the cable.

Yodabuds

Is this the blue or yellow gps? Do you have any manuals? My brother is looking for a gps to get started and I think this will be the ticket however he knows nothing and will need manuals to understand and use the gps. You can email me at mkosel@smumn.edu.

I am interested. I am up in Winnipeg, Manitoba. My only questions seeing as you bought it used is did you have the mygarmin registration transfered over to your name when you purchased it?

If not, then has it ever been registered with garmin?

Thanks, Bill

wrtiii3644@hotmail.com

I am interested. I am up in Winnipeg, Manitoba. My only questions seeing as you bought it used is did you have the mygarmin registration transfered over to your name when you purchased it?

Thanks, Bill

wrtiii3644@hotmail.com

I seriously doubt its been registered with garmin as the guy I got it off was a contractor working on building cell phone towers so he got a bunch of these units to give to his guys out in the field... The thing looked practically new when i got it, nothing really was entered in at that point....The kid said that he and his father had no use for it, so I grabbed it... It does come with the direction book, the quickstart card, and the usb to pc cable, this is the blue etrex legend (it is not an h or an hcx, just good old sturdy blue etrex legend.)

john

Thanks, Bill

wrtiii3644@hotmail.com

I seriously doubt its been registered with garmin as the guy I got it off was a contractor working on building cell phone towers so he got a bunch of these units to give to his guys out in the field... The thing looked practically new when i got it, nothing really was entered in at that point....The kid said that he and his father had no use for it, so I grabbed it... It does come with the direction book, the quickstart card, and the usb to pc cable, this is the blue etrex legend (it is not an h or an hcx, just good old sturdy blue etrex legend.)

john

If possible you could give garmin a call and tell them the serial number and ensure it has not yet been registered. I'm in the military so I move around a lot so being able to register my units is of great concern to me. If it's too much of a hassle I am sure that someone out there will buy it an not care if it is registered to someone elses name.

Biggest problem is that if this contractor registered it and it turns out to be a stolen unit then I call garmin with the details and find out the person it is registered has reported it stolen then I can't very well keep it and I doubt on a private sale I would be getting any money back.

Thanks for your understanding,

Bill

Thanks, Bill

wrtiii3644@hotmail.com

Why would you not just get a refurbished unit from GPSCentral in Calgary, if you're looking for a cheap unit?

The have an eTrex Legend H for $109 or even better, a Venture HC for $129. Colour makes such a big difference... and the USB interface is MUCH faster than the old serial cable. And 24 megs of ram is much better than 8... the list of advantages is pretty large.

http://www.gpscentral.ca/refurbished.htm

Edited by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hide

I could call garmin on Monday, though I did list it on e bay now though and see what happens.... The gps is the blue one and it's USB interface not serial...garmin also has a great deal going on now,$50 rebate off some of their models, I got my Oregon 450 from Cabellas, it was a returned item in the bargain cave, it looked basically brand new.... It was pricced down to $283 and it also still qualifies for the rebate.... So for $233 for an oregon 450 you can't go wrong... So check out some of your local stores for some open boxed items.... Might find a great deal.....

Thanks, Bill

wrtiii3644@hotmail.com

Why would you not just get a refurbished unit from GPSCentral in Calgary, if you're looking for a cheap unit?

The have an eTrex Legend H for $109 or even better, a Venture HC for $129. Colour makes such a big difference... and the USB interface is MUCH faster than the old serial cable. And 24 megs of ram is much better than 8... the list of advantages is pretty large.

http://www.gpscentral.ca/refurbished.htm

Edited by yodabuds