lowrance endura outandback

I have been geocaching for a couple months now and have been using my blackberry storm. i am gonna be upgrading to a gps unit and am wondering if the lowrance endura outandback is a good paperless gps. i just want to stay under $300 so i am open to suggestions

Edited by birchfamily

so i got the out and back yesterday i was excited to try it out. I put my pocket query on the device but the are little to no street maps so if i am out of town i dont know how to get to the caches.Is there anywhere to download or by street maps because the lowrance site is useless for this. i tried calling customer support but i was put on hold for 30min i will try again later. if anyone can help me with this please do.

I find the stock maps to be plenty good for geocaching.The web site has map chips you can buy and also for download "mapselect" for a dallor a quad. http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Mapping/

The best thing for you to consider is the mapselect maps short term until you can afford the $69 for the Accuterra "Advanced Outdoor Content" topo map chips. Both rock big time as far as I'm concerned with the best Topos commercially available anywhere. They have a very good street map component that you'll find very useful.

Let me know if I can be of further help to you.

Be safe.

N

so i got the out and back yesterday i was excited to try it out. I put my pocket query on the device but the are little to no street maps so if i am out of town i dont know how to get to the caches.Is there anywhere to download or by street maps because the lowrance site is useless for this. i tried calling customer support but i was put on hold for 30min i will try again later. if anyone can help me with this please do.

Please let me know if you are not finding the information that you need. I try to monitor the forums and provide the required support. If you would like to you can send me a PM (private massage) and I will work with you offline.

We do offer a detailed mapping card for the West Coast, it includes WA, OR, CA & NV, it will provide you with complete NAVTEQ streets and 20 ft topo contours for the included states for $99.99. I would not recommend the Turn by Turn card for you since it will not work with the Out&Back unit.

Edited by EnduraExpert