Trying to clean up Hopewell cemetery, Wynnewood,OK.

I have lived in the Wynnewood area most of my life, and have never seen the Hopewell cemetery in such a condition. There is a cache there. I thought maybe someone on here might be willing to help. I have one other person who has volunteered to help me, I don't know if this would be considered Trash out, but people have dumped their trash here, tons of beer cans, and people are four-wheeling over these graves. This is very disrespectful! There is alot of veterans buried here that fought for us to be free. It is unfair the county, city, no one will clean it up or maintain it. The caretakers are in bad health and aging. If you would like to help with this, email me amberrobbins@peoplepc.com. Thank you! <_<

If you post a CITO event, they will come. Give plenty of notice! Good luck with your good deed. If you post a CITO more people from your area will see that you need help. In here, people all over the world can see, but they can't always get there. You'll have to find a way to dispose of the trash afterwards, but you could probably get a nickle back for each bottle and can, if they have the bottle deposit where you are. Then I suggest moving some large rocks, posts and chain, or placing a log across the path the ATVs are using to block their access, speak to the caretakers about this first. I'm sure they won't mind the help. Make sure if you use the posts and chain that you put a flag on the chain so no one runs into it on an ATV and gets seriously hurt.

Amberrobbins,

I think a CITO event would be wonderful! We don't live very close to Wynnewood, but I totally support your efforts. I like the idea of contacting the caretakers and finding a way to put up barriers to keep the vehicles out of the cemetery. Why won't the city or county help? Did they give a reason? That's really shameful!

I would contact the local paper and get some coverage on this situation. Please keep me posted if you set anything up.