60CSx - cache names in GPS

when downloading waypoint to 60CSx the cache name does not appear on the map any longer..just the

cache number..pls help....

I can't get them to download to my 60CSX from geocaching.com. It gives me a message saying it can't open .loc files. Do I need an additional program? Thanks for your help.

I can't get them to download to my 60CSX from geocaching.com. It gives me a message saying it can't open .loc files. Do I need an additional program? Thanks for your help.

Have you installed the Garmin Communicator program?

Yes I did from the Garmin website and it says it detects my unit. I can download caches from the Garmin site but if I am on the Geocaching site, do a search for caches in the area I want and check them for download, I get the .loc file error. Any thoughts? Thanks

when downloading waypoint to 60CSx the cache name does not appear on the map any longer..just the

cache number..pls help....

What method are you using to move the caches to your unit? gc.com? GSAK? Something else?

I download using both gsak and gc.com ..the cache downloads nicely but the name on the map is this akward code name..

I download using both gsak and gc.com ..the cache downloads nicely but the name on the map is this akward code name..

Sounds like you don't have GSAK configured the way you want it - wonder how that changed on you?

Open GSAK and select "GPS" and "Send waypoints" (you don't need to be connected).

Now, what's in the field called "Waypoint name" (that's what shows up on your map) and while we're here, what's in the field called "Waypoint description format"?

Edited by ecanderson

Sounds like you don't have GSAK configured the way you want it - wonder how that changed on you?

Open GSAK and select "GPS" and "Send waypoints" (you don't need to be connected).

Now, what's in the field called "Waypoint name" (that's what shows up on your map) and while we're here, what's in the field called "Waypoint description format"?

Waypoint name says %code and waypoint description format says : %name %by

ok?

Waypoint name says %code and waypoint description format says : %name %by

ok?

If memory serves, yours works the same as my Summit HC. The "Waypoint name" is what will appear on the map. Right now, that's set to the GC code (e.g., GC12345). If you want the name to appear on your map instead of the GC code, the "Waypoint name" field will have to be changed to "%name" or "%smart".