What if it was found 16 years ago?

moghedian

Now, I'm just sitting here, 30 years of age, remembering when my Dad was posted in Pearl Harbor in 1985-1989. We took a trip to the Big Island at some point. Saw Volcanoes National Park, drove past Mauna Kea, on that little road, than to Kona and the park the had the canoes and an old Hawaiian Village....anyway. We drove to the very southern point of the Big Island. There was a metal disk in the ground. I can remember asking Dad "Hey Dad, what's this?". It was a marker. I think my parents have a picture of it somewhere. Is this considered a find? Or do you have to visit after Benchmarks were started? Just wondering. We haven't found any around our area but seeing this new adventure we were just wondering........

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

If you're (pretty) sure its the same marker, just backdate it. Makes for an interesting read icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

How far back will the site accept? I tried to log one using a date in 1993, and I got an error message saying the date was out of range.

25021_1200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Irish:

If you're (pretty) sure its the same marker, just backdate it. Makes for an interesting read icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

How far back will the site accept? I tried to log one using a date in 1993, and I got an error message saying the date was out of range.

25021_1200.gif