What's up with all the HTML left in my descriptions?

tractordude

In the last six months or so, I've noticed that the Groundspeak servers seem to be rather uncertain about what is html code and what is not in descriptions of caches when the "The descriptions below are in HTML" box is checked.

I use graphics in all my web pages for caches. Some show the code, some do not, but I'll tell ya, it's really frustrating that there is a bunch of html coding screwing up the descriptions on handhelds and that there seems to be no way of assuring it doesn't happen.

Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a fix? Am I doing something wrong all of a sudden, after successfully creating 70 plus cache pages, or is this another in a long line of Groundspeak tech problems they don't want to spend money to fix? Help! <_<

Tractordude-logo.gif

Edited by tractordude

I haven't noticed a problem on the Groundspeak web pages, but when I load a pocket query into my Oregon 400t, it shows all the tags and doesn't display it as html. It used to work ok, I think.

How are you loading them on the Oregon??

Dropped in from the Groundspeak PQ file - it should handle the HTML correctly.

Tractordude,

I looked at your Qaddafi Duck cache page, the one that says at the top "SORRY FOR THE HTML CODE GS's SERVERS CAN'T SEEM TO REMOVE!!! "

The thing is, I don't see any HTML code. The page looks fine. I looked at it with Firefox and with Internet Explorer.

What browser are you using? Do you have the latest version?

Tractordude,

I looked at your Qaddafi Duck cache page, the one that says at the top "SORRY FOR THE HTML CODE GS's SERVERS CAN'T SEEM TO REMOVE!!! "

The thing is, I don't see any HTML code. The page looks fine. I looked at it with Firefox and with Internet Explorer.

What browser are you using? Do you have the latest version?

I agree, his cache pages look just fine. <_<