Personal notes on your own cache pages

Knight2000

I would like the ability to make hidden notes on your caches. I often have information that I need for a particular cache that would stink if I lost from my PC. I think it would be a nice option to have a box for this that only the owner can see.

Would you like this?

I haven't always kept my premium membership so that wouldn't work so great for me. It just seems like an easy fix. I have put a lot of work into some of my caches and this would be a very handy feature to keep some of it organized.

I agree, it is a good idea.

Thanks for any suggestions. Sure there are lots of workarounds. (Although I hadn't thought of the additional waypoint thought.) I was just pointing this out in case GS wanted to consider it. Many of us put a lot of work into our caches. Research, write ups, contact information, links, etc. It just seems to be a reasonable and handy addition.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :P

I do keep notes in my Yahoo notepad. We've got more than a few caches and it would be nice to just put them on the cache pages where they are needed and not try to sort them out elsewhere.

if your description is in HTML you could add a comment to the HTML using<!--comment--> that way nobody would read it and you would still have the info.

That's one of the first things I do when I read a new cache description... View source for hidden HTML comments. [:P]

You could right it on paper and stick it under your mattress. Or you could put it in plain view under the heading of "Read This" or "Instructions"... no one ever reads the instructions.

Seriously, Google Docs, Bookmark lists, and hidden waypoints are all great ideas. I really like the hidden waypoint idea; it keeps your note with the appropriate cache. You could also use the free online backup sites like Dropbox to keep backups of your notes.

if your description is in HTML you could add a comment to the HTML using<!--comment--> that way nobody would read it and you would still have the info.

This will not work well. If you use the send to GPS option it sends the HTML to the unit and not just the write-up. (It's really annoying.) I had a note hidden as you suggested in one of my cache pages that I forgot about. I "sent" the .gpx to my Oregon and then I saw the note in the HTML.

I wish they would fix that problem.