My weekend's geocaching trip was spoilt by the "Black Rabbit"... why do people do this?

Seeing as the sun was shining so nicely this weekend, I thought I'd head out and follow the relatively new "Tour by Cycle" series of geocaches - a 20km walk around Harpenden, Redbourne and Hemel Hempstead Industrial Estate.

Unfortunately it seems someone else had the same idea, but wanted to spoilt it for use genuine geocachers!

Find out more at http://bit.ly/cTP9qW

That is quite the thing. People like this usualy are not very dedicated, so will likely not continue long term. I wish something could be done, but without doing stakeouts (which would also likely not work), I don't know what you can do.

Please tell me you've reported this. Because that's just gross/wrong/disturbing! :)

To who????

The Hardy Boys

All joking aside, thats low to do that. I imagine the person who did this most likely has a hobby of there own. If there reading this I hope they think about how people could ruin there enjoyment and how they might feel in return.

Yes, if he has an account then his actions should be reported to contact@Groundspeak.com

They can cancel the account and make sure that IP Address can't be used to create a new one.

We had an odd fellow around here years ago who called himself the Cache Crapper. You can imagine what he left in caches. After striking a number of caches over about 6 months he finally moved on... or a cacher caught him in the woods... we'll never know! :)

Yes, if he has an account then his actions should be reported to contact@Groundspeak.com

They can cancel the account and make sure that IP Address can't be used to create a new one.

We had an odd fellow around here years ago who called himself the Cache Crapper. You can imagine what he left in caches. After striking a number of caches over about 6 months he finally moved on... or a cacher caught him in the woods... we'll never know! :)

Shhhh.

We aren't supposed to talk about how the Cache Crapper was rendered inert.