NEW COIN: le chat rampant - on sale

anne.and.eli

Here are pictures of the AE version. I wanted to wait until Vanelle got hers, and she should have gotten it by now. This coin was designed right after GCF, because Vanelle kept cracking me up by commenting on my "effing cat coins". So this is the "effin' cats" version. :)

effincatslight.jpg

And with the lights off...

effincats.jpg

Each side has different graffiti, but it's of the same nature. ;)

:D:D:DHi all, I just wanted to say that I got a nice little package from Anne right on Christmas Eve! How is that for timing!:D:D:D

Of course I love it, we'll just say I'm not a big fan of cats<_< so this is the perfect version for me:lol:

Thanks so much Anne, I love it!

You are so lucky you got this fantastic looking Geocoin, Congratulations:) Happy New Years:)

I held a little facebook cointest a while ago, with people creating new versions of le chat rampant. I took the winners, tweaked them (I'm a control freak, sorry) and came up with this latest round of coins. They will be going on sale next week, I'll have more info in the next day or two.

I will continue to keep the cost low on these ($8 + shipping) to encourage people to send them out as travelers. Cats like to move y'know! :D

Without further ado, here are the new versions:

Autumn Leaves - Designed by Erin

Antique copper, two shades of red (photo doesn't capture it well), orange, and brown. The colors remind me of the autumn colors found in New England. (50 made)

autumn.jpg

Easter Egg - Designed by Christopher

Black nickel, at least 11 different pastel shades (I forget the total count), glow in the dark eye. This is so reminiscent of a basket of dyed easter eggs, that it makes me crave chocolates. (50 made)

easter.jpg

Ice Queen - Designed by Tonya

Satin silver, pearlescent white, ice blue, and turquoise. Yep, I like the color combo. It's really difficult to capture pearlescent white with a camera, but trust me that it's a very beautiful effect. (75 made)

ice.jpg

Tiger Moth - Designed by Mitch

Antique copper, orange, cream, green eyes, and black stripes. Eli loves tigers, so I just had to run with this one! (100 made)

tiger.jpg

Here are pictures of the AE version. I wanted to wait until Vanelle got hers, and she should have gotten it by now. This coin was designed right after GCF, because Vanelle kept cracking me up by commenting on my "effing cat coins". So this is the "effin' cats" version. :)

effincatslight.jpg

And with the lights off...

effincats.jpg

Each side has different graffiti, but it's of the same nature. ;)

:D:D:DHi all, I just wanted to say that I got a nice little package from Anne right on Christmas Eve! How is that for timing!:D:D:D

Of course I love it, we'll just say I'm not a big fan of cats<_< so this is the perfect version for me:lol:

Thanks so much Anne, I love it!

Love this version.. especially since my husband's devil cat has caused nerve damage to my hand... and my dogs are saints.. <_<

WOW!!!! New cats in the neighborhood!!! :lol:

All are pretty... but the ice queen and the tiger moth are amazing!!! Mostly the Tiger!!! WOW!!!

How the stripes were done??? are they above the colour? I love it!!!!

hmm... time to update my list with the different versions! :D

hmm...weird

edit:

The picture on the item was for the mini doubloon which threw me off. :blink:

Hrmmm. Someone else is having an issue, but on my screen it shows up fine as a tiger. Ahhhh just did some investigation. The image name is the same for both of them (although they should be linked differently in the database). I changed the image name to be unique, so it should show up correctly now.

Sorry for the confusion! I'm home sick today so I blame the grunge. :)

I am adding to my pride of le chat rampant, because

a ) it is a great design,

b ) I designed one of the new metal/color combinations,

c ) my other le chats like company,

d ) all of the above

Thank you for a fun cointest and a fun design! I love these. If you have any business cards, please send me a few? I would like to send these kitties traveling and definitely want to send more attention to ASDesigned.

Edited by Penny and Kona

I am FINALLY getting around to releasing one of my le chat rampant - autumn leaves coins! I usually like to get two copies of the same coin: one to keep and one to release. I could to a proxy, but that's just not my style.

ANYWAY...

I wanted to get more of these guys traveling out and about in the world AND give the designer some credit, so I engineered an attachment to go along with my "le chat gone wild!" geocoin. The tracking number is a tad small, so the attachment also helps out any geocacher who finds my trackable with the number. Hopefully the attachment will do two things: 1) let anyone who finds it know that it is owned and wants to move, and 2) facilitate the correct logging of this trackable!

I was also hoping this thread might continue breathing through the adventures of other activated le chat geocoins, kind of like the Cache Hopper thread. Any other brave souls out there who have activated and released their le chats?

The most important thing is that this is yet another geocoin out and moving in the world! Hopefully it is OK that I used the webstore's photo of this coin version as the default image for the geocoin? If not, I'll remove it promptly. My le chat has a pretty boring but appropriate mission: travel from cache to cache meeting geocachers' cats, hopefully gathering a photo every now and again.

I've started the gallery:

7a579a7a-4ada-4767-835b-03b973c1b588.jpg

Edited to provide a link to my activated le chat!

Edited by Penny and Kona

<shortened>

I am FINALLY getting around to releasing one of my le chat rampant - autumn leaves coins! I usually like to get two copies of the same coin: one to keep and one to release. I could to a proxy, but that's just not my style.

ANYWAY...

I wanted to get more of these guys traveling out and about in the world AND give the designer some credit, so I engineered an attachment to go along with my "le chat gone wild!" geocoin. The tracking number is a tad small, so the attachment also helps out any geocacher who finds my trackable with the number. Hopefully the attachment will do two things: 1) let anyone who finds it know that it is owned and wants to move, and 2) facilitate the correct logging of this trackable!

That is a nice idea. Sometimes I would put the designer information on the cache page, but I have grown fairly lazy about my cache page designs lately. I released a hydrophobia to travel and passed along a few unactivated le chats. Two more cats are in my to be activated & released coin stack--just haven't gotten around to them.

Is that a coin case you have used for the designer information? How is it attached to the keyring?

<shortened>

That is a nice idea. Sometimes I would put the designer information on the cache page, but I have grown fairly lazy about my cache page designs lately. I released a hydrophobia to travel and passed along a few unactivated le chats. Two more cats are in my to be activated & released coin stack--just haven't gotten around to them.

Is that a coin case you have used for the designer information? How is it attached to the keyring?

No, it is a round photo holder keychain! I've been looking for those rectangular acrylic keychains for some time now. I bugged Anne for a business card because I wanted to release my le chat along with the card. I had no luck with the rectangular photo keychains, but found these at Michael's just yesterday. I like them! It's a little bit of work to fit a rectangular business card into a round space, as you can probably tell from the photo, but I like the artistic "sense" that the roundness brings...