NEW COIN: le chat rampant - on sale

anne.and.eli

catcachefever.jpg

le chat rampant - cat cache fever

Thank you Team CeDo for your name suggestion!

This feisty feline won't let a mere illness stop her from caching!

"Just one more cache!" is the rallying cry of this dedicated cat. Do not try to get in between this kitty and her finds, or you may find yourself with some red scratches to match her hatching!

Running to Costco, but more pictures posted after I get back!

These are AWESOME!! and I love the name :ph34r:

Just wondering.....

Oh, and for the people that suggested names, don't forget I'll be sending you a kitty coin! I am planning to send you one in the color that you named, and then one other of your choice. (For the people that opted for another coin instead, you'll still get the one you helped name. :blink:

EVERYONE who suggested???

TWO coins?

?

Just wondering.....

Oh, and for the people that suggested names, don't forget I'll be sending you a kitty coin! I am planning to send you one in the color that you named, and then one other of your choice. (For the people that opted for another coin instead, you'll still get the one you helped name. :blink:

TWO coins?

?

Sorry! I was referring to the 5 people who won the cointest. I wish I could afford to send two to everyone!! That would be awesome! ;)

However, if in the future I use one of your suggestions for a coloration, I will send you two coins. :D

Just wondering.....

Oh, and for the people that suggested names, don't forget I'll be sending you a kitty coin! I am planning to send you one in the color that you named, and then one other of your choice. (For the people that opted for another coin instead, you'll still get the one you helped name. :ph34r:

TWO coins?

?

Anne is probably talking about the winners in the name cointest! that is why she says.. one in color that you named and the other of your coise!!! :P

I saw the cats and they are adorable!!!! Oh!!! Lovely lovely cats!!!!

WOW!! 2 coins??? You will send us 2 coins??? WOW!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D you are amazing!!! :D

I loved the one I named! It is so bright and lovely!!! :D Kita tales you rock!! ;) you are so shiny like a star that not even paparazzi can take you a good photo! :D I am kiding! Your photos are fantastic! :D

I fall in love with the first sight with 3 of them! Not that I do not like the others!!!! :)

So, except the Kita tales, I am between the Siamese - feline finder (my mother loved that coin too!), and the cat cache feaver! Oh boy that will be difficult! :D

I hope I still have plenty of time to think about it! :D

WOW! I didn't know about the Calico!!! So these cats are Nature's strange thing? I do not know how to call that..

so they can not make kittens?? They are something like mules?? But their parents are cats!! so.. :ph34r::blink:

Hmm.. I have to google to see how you can identify them... maybe by the color combination?? Or you can only see that if you go to the vet to examine them?? Interesting!!!

Hahaha Gato, your posts always crack me up. :blink: Have you ever hit the smiley quota on a post? :D

Calicos: It's a description of a coloration, not a breed. That kind of coloration is recessive and tied to the X chromosome, so two X chromosomes with the calico coloration gene are required for it to appear. So a male could have one X chromosome with the calico coloring, but a Y chromosome with orange tabby coloring, and he would show the orange tabby coloring but be able to pass on the calico coloring to offspring.

;)

Hahaha Gato, your posts always crack me up. :D Have you ever hit the smiley quota on a post? :ph34r:

Calicos: It's a description of a coloration, not a breed. That kind of coloration is recessive and tied to the X chromosome, so two X chromosomes with the calico coloration gene are required for it to appear. So a male could have one X chromosome with the calico coloring, but a Y chromosome with orange tabby coloring, and he would show the orange tabby coloring but be able to pass on the calico coloring to offspring.

:ph34r:

:D sometimes the system tells me that I put too many smilers so I have to cut some! :P

Oh!!! Hmm.... I have to check if I am a normal cat! :blink: Just kiding!! ;)

Hahaha Gato, your posts always crack me up. :blink: Have you ever hit the smiley quota on a post? :D

;)

Also, calico cats are almost always females (thanks also to genetics)...the males are very rare and usually sterile (the females are not).

Anyways...I preordered some. My girls will love them. I esp. like the siamese, since one of my first cats was a siamese. Right now, I am ready to kill my cat for waking me up at 6 AM on a Saturday. Grrrrr!

I saw your FB pics, loved the fun you had with your color schemes ;) I'm off to work but I'll be wanting a couple myself. Such a fun design, nice job!

tsun

Thanks tsun, that means a lot coming from you!

I admit that your designs (especially the cache hopper) has been a big inspiration on this project, and it's probably obvious! :blink:

;)

Also, calico cats are almost always females (thanks also to genetics)...the males are very rare and usually sterile (the females are not).

Right, since it's a recessive trait tied to the X chromosome, it'd need to be XX (girl) or XXY (genetic mutation and very likely sterile male) to show up. :D

I'd love to see a Jellicle Cat option.

The Song of the Jellicles

Jellicle Cats come out to-night

Jellicle Cats come one come all:

The Jellicle Moon is shining bright -

Jellicles come to the Jellicle Ball.

Jellicle Cats are black and white,

Jellicle Cats are rather small;

Jellicle Cats are merry and bright,

And pleasant to hear when they caterwaul.

Jellicle Cats have cheerful faces,

Jellicle Cats have bright black eyes;

They like to practise their airs and graces

And wait for the Jellicle Moon to rise.

Jellicle Cats develop slowly,

Jellicle Cats are not too big;

Jellicle Cats are roly-poly,

They know how to dance a gavotte and a jig.

Until the Jellicle Moon appears

They make their toilette and take their repose:

Jellicle Cats wash behind their ears,

Jellicle dry between their toes.

Jellicle Cats are white and black,

Jellicle Cats are of moderate size;

Jellicle Cats jump like a jumping-jack,

Jellicle Cats have moonlit eyes.

They're quitet enough in the morning hours,

They're quitet enough in the afternoon,

Reserving their terpsichorean powers

To dance by the light of the Jellicle Moon.

Jellicle Cats are black and white,

Jellicle Cats (as I said) are small;

If it happens to be a stormy night

They will practise a caper or two in the hall.

If it happens the sun is shining bright

You would say they had nothing to do at all:

They are resting and saving themselves to be right

For the Jellicle Moon and the Jellicle Ball.

T. S. Elliot

Edited by ATMouse

Moving to the new page:

lechatrampant.jpg

Reservations are open!

Reservations Page

Money isn't due until the coins are in hand.

Coins are $7.50 each, $8.00 for the FOSCCA edition

($1 from that coin will go to FOSCCA. Read more at FOSCCA's website.)

The coins are trackable.

They are 2mm thick (thinner than a typical coin).

They are 1.75" tall.

The copper coins will be done in antique copper (so no tarnishing!)

Edited by anne.and.eli

Oh, they're still good. I was moving it to the new page (I made a note at the top, but it's easy to miss!) Fear not! If you got an order confirmation, you're golden. Sorry for the confusion!!

I also wanted to put all the information in one post, since it's kinda buried in a bunch of posts currently. :)

Edited by anne.and.eli

Moving to the new page:

lechatrampant.jpg

Reservations are open!

Reservations Page

Money isn't due until the coins are in hand.

Coins are $7.50 each, $8.00 for the FOSCCA edition

($1 from that coin will go to FOSCCA. Read more at FOSCCA's website.)

The coins are trackable.

They are 2mm thick (thinner than a typical coin).

They are 1.75" tall.

The copper coins will be done in antique copper (so no tarnishing!)

Jeez when was the last time you saw a $7.50 coin? You could definitely add $1.50-2.50 for FOSCCA.

Anne,

Reserved 3 myself...... Wish you had a set-price (discount if you get all colors) or possibly would be cool to have the set for sale and include the mystery finish as a bonus for buying the set and keeping the finish exclusive to only the sets.... Anyhow, I'm down for the three if ya could PM about a set.... let me know

Yodabuds

Edit: Will these Kitties fit on my small geocoin display stands? they seem they may be to narrow?

Edited by yodabuds

Oh, I didn't even think about doing a set price. The price is set so low that I'm not sure I can lower the price much more even for a set. :D

They are more narrow than a typical coin, and unfortunately I do not know how they work within a coin holder. It's the same thickness as tsun's cache hopper coins, so you can test with that if you'd like!

Less than a week left for reservations!! (OMG where did June go?!?)

I'll be doing a mystery finish for the next round of color designs! I may go back to the cointest at the beginning and look through the names. If I use one of the names you suggested, I will gift you with a coin or two as a thank you!

http://www.asdesigned.com/shop/

$7.50 for regular edition

$8.00 for FOSCCA edition

No-money-now reservation! ;)

Edited by anne.and.eli

I have no idea when these will be ready to ship! I've been working out the numbers (getting enough to bring to GCF, but not too many to end up with a billion leftovers) and have finally figured that out.

There will be three new colorings that will be debuted at GCF.

Hydrophobia (water colors)

Freya (Vikings colors. Get it? haha!)

Card Shark (white glow, red, black)

Numbers will likely be the following:

calico - 75

cat cache fever - 100

siamese - 50

feline groovy - 100

catnap - 50

rampant - 50

freya - 50

card shark - 50

hydrophobia - 50

Total: 575

I'm hoping to continue to make these in various colors and keep them cheap so people will feel comfortable releasing them. :)