NEW COIN: le chat rampant - on sale

anne.and.eli

Does this mean we would not have to have a Pay Pal account to reserve, or is that still required? I purchase from online stores through Pay Pal using a credit card. But without a linked account, I miss out on some nice coins because I cannot supply a PayPal address to bill during reservations. I love this coin you have designed, and would like to purchase enough to wild a few. IMO, you should take the largest order number you have floating around in your imagination, times that by at least 4, then maybe I'll be able to catch one or two cats before they all scamper away... :D

That would be a lot of coins! :(

I haven't checked my storefront to see if it's even capable of doing reservations and what is required. I'll check into that soon! If nothing else, even if paypal is required for reservation by the storefront, you can always email me and I can add you manually. :D I'm flexible!

Thank you! I am so glad I won't miss out on these. :D

Hey guys! The cat coin that was up there was just for testing purposes (for me) to make sure the reservation thing would work. But since a bunch of you found it... Was there any troubles with it? Please let me know!

I'll be doing a real (non-paying) reservation as soon as I get the real samples in hand and can take better pictures, and decide on the final coin versions.

Hey guys! The cat coin that was up there was just for testing purposes (for me) to make sure the reservation thing would work. But since a bunch of you found it... Was there any troubles with it? Please let me know!

I'll be doing a real (non-paying) reservation as soon as I get the real samples in hand and can take better pictures, and decide on the final coin versions.

So, how did the test go? :) See? You are going to need at least X4 the coins you think if a bunch of us have reserved off of the current photo and unknown additional colors. :laughing: BTW, the reservation page worked fine for me. If you would like me to rereserve when the real page is put up, that is ok by me. I'll probably want to order more coins if there are additional color choices anyway. :laughing:

Reservation test went fine, the only thing is when I wanted to change the number, I couldn't use the "select number and replace", but had to go back to the reservation page and choose the cat again.

Thanks for taking such great care! I can't wait to see the other versions, meow!

Oh! Thanks for letting me know. I've fixed that problem so it shouldn't show up in the real thing. :blink:

If anyone else had any issues, please let me know! I'm new to using ZenCart, so I'm still learning all the tweaky things.

We used ZenCart for our ASPGB event. You can do a fair amount with it. I never tried to limit quantities, tho' you can.

Looking forward to the reservations going live.

I am considering making a version where some of the money would be donated.

There are two local places I have in mind, one is FOSCCA (Friends of Santa Cruz County Animals) which helps low income families spay/neuter their pets as well as help pay for vet bills. The other is the Animal Services Authority which is the shelter I volunteer at.

My question is would people be okay with the donations going to something local, or would there be a preference for the donations to go to a national or international fund? There's plenty of places that could use donations, so I am open to suggestions. :rolleyes:

I am considering making a version where some of the money would be donated.

There are two local places I have in mind, one is FOSCCA (Friends of Santa Cruz County Animals) which helps low income families spay/neuter their pets as well as help pay for vet bills. The other is the Animal Services Authority which is the shelter I volunteer at.

My question is would people be okay with the donations going to something local, or would there be a preference for the donations to go to a national or international fund? There's plenty of places that could use donations, so I am open to suggestions. :rolleyes:

This sounds like a really nice idea! Personally, I wouldn't have a preference for whether the funds went to a local versus a national organization, and I looked up the two organizations that you mentioned having in mind... They both seem like very worthy causes to me... I especially liked the FOSCCA "second chance emergency fund".

I don't think there's any precedent with regards to fundraising -- people have done geocoin fundraisers for all kinds of stuff. I think it's a lovely idea, too, and working locally within your community is very cool. I'd be happy with either of the two worthies you mentioned, personally. : )

Getting in on the fun a little late.. but I LOOOVE this coin and can't wait to purchase one!! BTW I think donating part of the proceeds to local animal shelters is an awesome idea. In some ways its better than donating to a national organization because you may be able to get a better idea of where the money goes and see a more direct effect of your contribution. I've worked with multiple animal rescues in my town and its always nice to see the work they do with the support they get from the local community.

Thanks for all the great feedback guys. ;) I am really excited to get the samples in my hands, and I am told they will be here Thursday or Friday (probably Friday). EEEEEEEeeeee.

Given the feedback, I am going to go ahead and make a FOSCCA (Friends of Santa Cruz County Animals) version. When we had a bunny left with us, they helped us pay for his neuter, and they have been tremendously helpful with the foster families around Santa Cruz.

The price of the coins is not yet set, but I think for the FOSCCA version I will likely make it 50 cents more, and match the 50 cents price in my own donation. (So $1 from each coin will go to FOSCCA.)

Maybe I should decide these things in stone before posting them here, but I'm ridiculously excited about this coin project. :angry:

Thanks for all the great feedback guys. :D I am really excited to get the samples in my hands, and I am told they will be here Thursday or Friday (probably Friday). EEEEEEEeeeee.

Given the feedback, I am going to go ahead and make a FOSCCA (Friends of Santa Cruz County Animals) version. When we had a bunny left with us, they helped us pay for his neuter, and they have been tremendously helpful with the foster families around Santa Cruz.

The price of the coins is not yet set, but I think for the FOSCCA version I will likely make it 50 cents more, and match the 50 cents price in my own donation. (So $1 from each coin will go to FOSCCA.)

Maybe I should decide these things in stone before posting them here, but I'm ridiculously excited about this coin project. :blink:

Sounds good to me -- I'd even buy it at $1 extra (that is, $1.50 to FOSCCA). : )

I LOVE YOU USPS!

Guess what showed up in the mailbox today?! That's right, the samples!! FINALLY I will be able to share decent pictures with you guys! I could NOT be happier with how they turned out!!!

Okay that was a lot of exclamation marks. I'm excited. Can you tell? Please stand by as I take pictures, download them, crop them, and upload them. :ph34r:

catcachefever.jpg

le chat rampant - cat cache fever

Thank you Team CeDo for your name suggestion!

This feisty feline won't let a mere illness stop her from caching!

"Just one more cache!" is the rallying cry of this dedicated cat. Do not try to get in between this kitty and her finds, or you may find yourself with some red scratches to match her hatching!

Running to Costco, but more pictures posted after I get back!

Edited by anne.and.eli

felinefinders.jpg

le chat rampant - feline finder (Siamese edition)

Thank you ATMouse for your name suggestion!

Willing to search low AND high for that hidden cache!

The Siamese cat is known for being extremely vocal, with a loud, low-pitched voice that is hard to ignore. However, this kitty just has one thing to say: "FTF!"

catnap.jpg

le chat rampant - Kita Tales (catnap edition)

Thank you gatoulis for your name suggestion!

Kita's good at two things, getting in trouble and sleeping!

This kitty is the type you may find napping on the job. But don't you worry, she's dreaming of where her next caching adventure will take her!

It's terribly difficult to get a good picture of this one because of the reflections. I just can't do it justice. I thought I'd hate it because the mint picture was awful, but it is just so pretty in hand! Here's another try so you can at least see the face!

lechatrampant.jpg

rampantcaching.jpg

le chat rampant - rampant caching

Thank you scificollector for your name suggestion!

Looking to take over Signal's job as geocaching mascot!

This kitty likes to think of herself as geocaching's #1 fan. When she's not caching (rarely), she's busy trying to get ESPN to recognize geocaching as a real sport.

calico.jpg

le chat rampant - feline finder (calico edition)

Thank you gillianms for your color suggestion (and ATMouse again for the name)!

Following facts for fun; finding FTFs for fortune!

All calico cats possess two X chromosomes (so they are either females, or males that are incapable of breeding). This fun calico uses those Xs to mark the spot of her next caching find!

Okay, that is all of them, FOR NOW.

Thank you to the winners of the cointest for the names which I used to help choose color combinations. :ph34r:

I need to get the webstore up and ready for taking reservations, which should happen tomorrow. As a reminder, these are non-paying reservations, but rather just gauging interest.

The coins ARE trackable.

They are 1.75" tall.

They are about 2mm thick (so thinner than a typical coin).

The tail forms a small loop which will allow it to be strung (on something small)

I will have the price settled by this weekend for sure, I need to run some numbers, but I'm aiming for the $7-$8 range.

They all have a dragonfly on the front. The ones with opaque enamel (calico and siamese) you cannot see the dragonfly. The ones with transluscent black body (rampant caching) it's hard to see in the picture (and kinda hard in real life) but you can see it. The other three versions it's easy to see. ;)

The reason all the pictures are not of the same side is that I got 6 samples. Since the front and the back were the same design, the front and back of each coin is a different color scheme, so I got to try two metals for each scheme in 6 coins. That was confusing to explain. :ph34r:

In other news, I put up the reservation pages.

http://www.asdesigned.com/shop/index.php

Please let me know if you run into any weird issues. You should be able to reserve as many as you want of any of the designs. I'll fix anything brought to my attention. :ph34r:

Reservations will be open for at least 2 weeks.

The calico was going to be my AE, but instead it is now the FOSCCA version. $1 from that coin will go to Friends of Santa Cruz County Animals (FOSCCA) which is a local non-profit that helps the shelters and foster parents as well as has a spay/neuter help program for low-income families.

Finally, would people be interested in a mystery finish?