NEW COIN: le chat rampant - on sale

anne.and.eli

Hi all! I've been super busy with research stuff, but I'll say this will end tonight at 9pm pacific! Then I will compile a list of all of the names and pick some favorites. ;) Unless that's too hard, in which case I'm just going to leave it up to random luck! :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone! One more change request for the mint but overall it's coming together super fast. YAY!

Hi all! I've been super busy with research stuff, but I'll say this will end tonight at 9pm pacific! Then I will compile a list of all of the names and pick some favorites. :unsure: Unless that's too hard, in which case I'm just going to leave it up to random luck! :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone! One more change request for the mint but overall it's coming together super fast. YAY!

Oh boy 9 pm, lol ;)

Holy cow, that was a lot of names! Here is the entire list in one place! There are a couple repeats, my apologies!

gato

red gato

a claw away

feline groovy

the cache cat

geoauw

seeking the purrfect cache

the feline finder

the masked hunter

full pounce

up for caching

the purrrfect cache hunter

the cache meow

sleek seeker

siamese seeker

cat cacher

kitty cache

kitty cacher

rampant caching

the travel cat

kita voyager

tatt catt

path finding persian

cache finding feline

feline finder

chaton petit

le chat de jeu

cache kitty

geo kitty

puddy cache

bastet

pouncer

to cache a mouse

dragon cat

playing with dragon flies

kitten cacher

libelula el gato

kitty the caching cat

attention! here comes kitty

Dangerous! the caching cat

siam sam

cache prowler

The cat's Meow

On the Prowl

Cat Scratch Fever

Mow Mow

Libellula - Cat games 2010

Hey, kitty kitty

cat cache fever

riddle of the lynx

cat cache attach

the purrfect hunt

the purrfect catch

the purrfect coin

aristocat

felix the cat

the return of the felines

le chat

celticat

katia the cat

caterine the great

the cat in the cache

hello cachy

cacho kitty

speedcat

cache kitten

cache kitty

gatoulis

caterpillar

catch me

the cache huntercats

Thundercat

Cleopatra's Clawed Cache Catcher

Kita Cat

pussycache

Cache as cat can

Dragon catcher

Rollover

Paperwork

Cleocatra protectress of caches

cachin' claws and paws

cachin' with claws and paws

first to find feline

el gato found it

pawsing for a cache

the purrfect prowler

the traveling tabby

meow's mission

geomese

catty cache

cattoo

catatonic

le cache hat

celtic cat

puss in cache

Δρακόγατος (dragoncat)

Αίλουρος (Felis)

Venator Felis (hunter cat)

helfarch gath (hunter cat.... in Welsh???)

nascondiglio cacciatore gatto (cache hunter cat ... in Italian???)

catatonic

cacher cat

calixo cat

just anneli cat

meezer the cache seizer

catanna's scratch

annekita cat

gatoula

feline prowess

prowess of the feline

kitty wants out (to go caching)

pawesome

cacher's best friend

a familiar coin

le mew

this cat is all mime

caching for catnip

cache-like reflexes

cache catcher

le cache de chat

la piece de chat

Cat's got your cache

los gatos de moneda

Kitty Coin

Burr-gundy Kitty

Burr-gundy Beauty

Paw Forward

Royal Cache of Siam

Cat tails

Kita tales

Koita

Koita Kepma

Curiosity Killed the Cache

Siam I am

Felis Rampant

Celt cat

Celtic Kitty

Nine Lives

Don't cross my path

Nine Lives - One Tail

Paws and Effect

Paws and Reflect

The Kita Coin

le chat salien

salien cache hunter

PHEW. Will post again with my favorites!

Edited by anne.and.eli

First of all, holy cow you guys, that was a LOT of creativity!!! I enjoyed reading through all of the names, but I had to limit it to five "favorites". These may not be everyone's favorites, but they are mine! :rolleyes:

In order of posting (if one was suggested multiple times, I went with the first person to post it)

Moozer - feline groovy

ATMouse - the feline finder

scificollector - rampant caching

Team CeDo - Cat cache fever

Gatoulis - Kita tales

I'm still toying with le chat rampant, but I like all of these entries a lot as well, so I will sit on them for a bit and figure out which I like the best. ;)

For those five people, please message me with your address and we shall figure out which coin to send you!

Thanks again everyone!! And I will keep you all updated on how this moves along. :unsure:

First of all, holy cow you guys, that was a LOT of creativity!!! I enjoyed reading through all of the names, but I had to limit it to five "favorites". These may not be everyone's favorites, but they are mine! :rolleyes:

In order of posting (if one was suggested multiple times, I went with the first person to post it)

Moozer - feline groovy

ATMouse - the feline finder

scificollector - rampant caching

Team CeDo - Cat cache fever

Gatoulis - Kita tales

I'm still toying with le chat rampant, but I like all of these entries a lot as well, so I will sit on them for a bit and figure out which I like the best. ;)

For those five people, please message me with your address and we shall figure out which coin to send you!

Thanks again everyone!! And I will keep you all updated on how this moves along. :unsure:

I am glad we could help...can't wait until you decide! Will you post your final choice here?

WOW! I was trying yesterday night ot enter for a last idea but I couldn't enter in he net! Huh!

WOW! I am in the winners! :rolleyes: Thank you my friend! Congrats to all winners! ;) There were so mnay lovely names in it!

Now... my last crazy idea had to do with names of each metal you will make!

What I mean is your cats to have a name! :unsure:

For Silver you can name the cat "Silverster"

For Gold you can name the cat "Goldiva" or "Goldie" (female!)

For Copper you can name the cat "Coppernicus"

For Black nickel you can name the cat BeN

Of course this had to do if you named the coin "The Kita's", or Kita Family....

I know.. it sounds strange but I like it!! :blink:

Meow!!! thank you so much for the cointest!! We are a cat family, Tigger is a Hemingway, Jack is a Mainecoon and Leo our kitten is a Highland Lynx. We rescued Jack and Leo. Every day when our son comes home from VPK he says "Hi Meow" instead of Hi mom :laughing:

Thanks again we had fun coming up with different names!! (will send a PM with our address)

Team CeDo

Whoot!!

Thank you!!!

We also share our house with a cat, a Ragdoll named His Royal Boo-ness.

His first owner couldn't have him, and we took him to his forever home (our house), which he now owns and graciously allows us to live there.

His name was Boo because he was born on Hallow'een. "Boo" was too simple for such a lovely dignified creature, so we altered it slightly.

:laughing:

I PM'd you as well.

Edited by ATMouse

The sample designs are at the mint, and we're doing one last adjustment and then they're off to production! The dies have already been paid for.

I will likely do a reservation style order (you tell me how many you want, but you don't pay until product is in hand) so I know how big of a minting to request.

As for the name, I decided to stick with le chat rampant. However! I have something special in store for the name suggestions I chose as winners. :grin: You will see when the samples get back!

As a sneak peak, here is one of the sample designs:

siamese.jpg

Enough of you said it looked like a siamese, that I had to follow up on that!

Pictures of the samples got emailed to me today. :) The pictures aren't very good, so I am planning to wait until I have them in hand to take real pictures and post.

However, I don't want to leave you all hanging (read: I can't wait to share them with you guys) so here is a picture of the red/black version!

catcachefever.jpg

I will post here about reservations. It won't be a paid reservation system, but more of a count of interest so I can get an idea of how many coins to order. I hope to keep the price lower ($7-$8 range, depending on how many I order) and I'll be making a number of versions. I'm hoping that due to the lower price, people will comfortable letting these guys travel! Cats DO like to roam, after all. :(

Also, I already have two versions planned special for GCF this year. :D

There will be one limited AE version which I think I have picked out. I will need to see the coins in person to be sure. The rest I am not planning to do limits on (other than special event versions).

I will post here about reservations. It won't be a paid reservation system, but more of a count of interest so I can get an idea of how many coins to order.

<snipped>

Does this mean we would not have to have a Pay Pal account to reserve, or is that still required? I purchase from online stores through Pay Pal using a credit card. But without a linked account, I miss out on some nice coins because I cannot supply a PayPal address to bill during reservations. I love this coin you have designed, and would like to purchase enough to wild a few. IMO, you should take the largest order number you have floating around in your imagination, times that by at least 4, then maybe I'll be able to catch one or two cats before they all scamper away... :(

Does this mean we would not have to have a Pay Pal account to reserve, or is that still required? I purchase from online stores through Pay Pal using a credit card. But without a linked account, I miss out on some nice coins because I cannot supply a PayPal address to bill during reservations. I love this coin you have designed, and would like to purchase enough to wild a few. IMO, you should take the largest order number you have floating around in your imagination, times that by at least 4, then maybe I'll be able to catch one or two cats before they all scamper away... :D

That would be a lot of coins! :(

I haven't checked my storefront to see if it's even capable of doing reservations and what is required. I'll check into that soon! If nothing else, even if paypal is required for reservation by the storefront, you can always email me and I can add you manually. :D I'm flexible!