How to install maps on Garmin Venture HC

Hi there! I just bought a Garmin Venture HC, but after long search, i cant find a way to get better maps in it (maps with streets and so on).

The MapSource software cant find the maps, i downloaded. (for example the testversion of Topo v3)

And in guides just stands, that i have to move the map to the Garmin-SD Card.

Means that, that i cant have better maps on garmin venture?

Anyway, are 26MB memory place enough for a map?

Hi there! I just bought a Garmin Venture HC, but after long search, i cant find a way to get better maps in it (maps with streets and so on).

The MapSource software cant find the maps, i downloaded. (for example the testversion of Topo v3)

And in guides just stands, that i have to move the map to the Garmin-SD Card.

Means that, that i cant have better maps on garmin venture?

Anyway, are 26MB memory place enough for a map?

I don't think the Venture HC can accept a memory card, so you're limited to the 24MB of onboard memory. First you'll need to download the maps into mapsource, then select the segments you want to transfer with the 'maptool' and send them to the GPS.

For Garmin products, the H is high sensitvity receiver, C is color, and X is eXpandable memory. For the same form factor the eTrex Legend HCx is the most bang for the buck, the Vista HCx is a step up and adds an electronic compass and barometric altimeter.

Danke für die Hilfe, habe jetzt eine genauere Karte auf meinem Gerät, aber es scheint nicht Routing fähig zu sein...in Mapsource kann ich mir zwischen 2 Wegpunkten eine Route vorschlagen lassen, wnn ich diese aber ans Gerät übertrage, zeigt es mir nur die Fluglinie zwischen den beiden Punkten an...

Der Verkäufer meinte, dass das das Venture HC routingfähig ist.

Kann mir da bitte einer weiterhelfen? Ist es nun routingfähig oder nicht? Wenn ja, wie kann ich mir eine Route anzeigen lassen?

Gruß

Benjamin

Danke für die Hilfe, habe jetzt eine genauere Karte auf meinem Gerät, aber es scheint nicht Routing fähig zu sein...in Mapsource kann ich mir zwischen 2 Wegpunkten eine Route vorschlagen lassen, wnn ich diese aber ans Gerät übertrage, zeigt es mir nur die Fluglinie zwischen den beiden Punkten an...

Der Verkäufer meinte, dass das das Venture HC routingfähig ist.

Kann mir da bitte einer weiterhelfen? Ist es nun routingfähig oder nicht? Wenn ja, wie kann ich mir eine Route anzeigen lassen?

Gruß

Benjamin

Translation : Asking if the device is can create routes automatically, the seller informed him that the device could perform this task.

I've got the Venture HC as well and as far as i'm aware the device can not create routes on roads itself, it only supports "as the bird flys". I think it's the higher models (vista etc) which can route along roads automatically.

Ich hab auch Venture HC und soweit dass ich weiss, ist es nicht Routingfähig. Man kann die Routes selbst eingeben, aber nicht automatisch - das ist aber auf andere GPS (Vista usw) verfügbar.

MFG,

GSE1986