Multi/Puzzle Caches

nativtxn

What's the best method/tools to use for multi-caches? For instance, today, I tried to locate one that gave you a starting position - no problem. From there, you worked the puzzle to get coordinates #2, then from there, you go X number of feet due East.

I'm using a Droid and was curious as to what works best after step 1.

Well, all multi's are slightly different, so no single rule is going to work lol. Some have clear coordinates at each stage for the next way-point, other make you earn your stages by giving a brain teaser :blink:

Does the Droid allow you to key in a coordinate directly? If the clue tells you to travel "300 feet at compass bearing 123 degrees" can the Droid handle that? If so then you should be ok :wub:

Edited by NordicMan

I use GeoBeagle on my Nexus One, and I'm still trying to figure out the best approach for multi-caches and on-site puzzles. At this point, I usually use some scratch paper to do the work, with GeoBeagle displaying the cache info that I need to calculate the next set of coordinates. Once I've got the next set of coordinates, I enter them into GeoBeagle and off I go.

If I were to improve anything with this process, I'd copy the cache info into an editable document, so I can view the info I need and do the work, without switching back and forth between two documents. That's what I used to do when I used a Palm PDA.