My First Coin Design - Something Fishy

CW88

Not sure why it didn't show the image and info - hopefully this time it'll work.

If not the image is on http://cwaddell.deviantart.com/art/Somethi...esign-160522129

Something%20Fishy%20GC%20-%20cwaddellsmall.jpg

Hoping to order 100 1.75" 2D coins with a silver or black nickel finish.

I'm still looking for somewhere to get them made and any comments, or suggestions for improvements or changes are welcomed.

Edited by CW88

Not sure why it didn't show the image and info - hopefully this time it'll work.

If not the image is on http://cwaddell.deviantart.com/art/Somethi...esign-160522129

Something%20Fishy%20GC%20-%20cwaddellsmall.jpg

Hoping to order 100 1.75" 2D coins with a silver or black nickel finish.

I'm still looking for somewhere to get them made and any comments, or suggestions for improvements or changes are welcomed.

Hey, I like that design! The better half of the team will like it, too; she's the marine biologist of the team. I think that would be great in black nickel, but antique gold might also work, as well.

There are several ways to go on this. You could offer the design to one of the larger geocoin companies, to see if they are interested in offering it on their site, in which case they would handle sales. If you decide to do it on your own, you would do best making 250 so that you can get an icon for it. That increases the cost, but also makes it a lot more desirable. Or you can make it non-trackable; there is a solid group of cachers who real get into non-trackables, and the cost is a lot less.

We'll keep an eye on this to see which way you go. We'll likely buy a few :wub:

Hey! I like it!!!! :P I like the design of the fish bones on the back side! :(

Hmm... I believe a satin silver metal with transculent blue and the sea stars and shells in yellow glow... would be amazing! :wub:

And in satin silver... the fish bones and heads too... right? :)

Of course I do not know if you can do both the transculent blue and the glow... maybe someone who already made a coin can help us here! :D

there is a small area in front.... like a place to put the tracking number... is that it?

It would be good if you make the tracking number bigger so anyone can see it easily! You can put it in the silver area where the "trackable in geocaching.com" is, or on the edge!!! by that way the design will not be harmed! :blink:

Since there was a little snafu in the original post and it disappeared, I am going to delete GATOULIS' and Dark Elf's posts, so the OP is the OP again. Sorry, you two, gotta do it. :wub: I'll save them here for you.

Dark Elf Posted Today, 12:54 PM

QUOTE(GATOULIS @ Apr 12 2010, 12:52 PM) *

I am sure we are all waiting to see your first design! biggrin.gif

Hmm, looks like I can't delete them, so I'll split them off and get rid of them. You'd think after all these years I would know how to do this the first time around? :blink::P:(

Edited by Eartha

Thanks for the comments so far. I've contacted a few companies and heard back from one already but they seem more expensive than some of the others I've seen, but also suggested the tracking number around the edge of the coin. Will wait to hear back from some of the other companies and then can decide on the finish.

Prices may have differencies... It is good to search and take prices from many companies,(that is ok... right?), see in other coins of the companies the quality too, so you can have the best quality in the best price! :wub: It probably needs a lot of seaching, but it is for a good reason my friend! :blink:

It is nice that you have your thread back! :P My good friend Eartha fixed the problem and everything is fine! :(

Edited by GATOULIS

Prices may have differencies... It is good to search and take prices from many companies,(that is ok... right?), see in other coins of the companies the quality too, so you can have the best quality in the best price! :wub: It probably needs a lot of seaching, but it is for a good reason my friend! :blink:

It is nice that you have your thread back! :P My good friend Eartha fixed the problem and everything is fine! :(

That's because Eartha is "da bomb". :)

Also, this is a really cute coin! I like how the fish bones look so FRIENDLY. I wasn't expecting that. :D

Just got a photo of the first sample in nickel, and should get the samples in a week or two.

Should also be getting one in black nickel and will upload more photos once they arrive.

What do you think of it so far?

smllfront.jpg

smllback.jpg

Looks nice!! :D

Can I ask something? The anchor design, (the one that is down, at the right) has its ink a little split and the design is a little confused there or it is just a photo mistake?

I am talking about the anchor where the 2010 is... the one after the "0" :laughing:

Looks nice!! :D

Can I ask something? The anchor design, (the one that is down, at the right) has its ink a little split and the design is a little confused there or it is just a photo mistake?

I am talking about the anchor where the 2010 is... the one after the "0" :laughing:

I noticed that too - on the larger photo I was sent it looks more like too much ink was put in and has 'overflowed'.

And I also noticed 2 eyes aren't the same as the others but hopefully that is just on that coin.

I'll be able to check it properly once I get both the samples and can compare them.

Edited by CW88

Got the samples today ;) in Shiny Nickel, Shiny Gold, Black Nickel and Antique Silver.

Took some photos quickly but will try to take some better ones later of all of them.

So far I like the Black Nickel the most but am thinking of getting some done in the shiny nickel and gold too.

Black Nickel

black%20front.jpg

* photo taken in direct sunlight so colours came out a little differently

blackback.jpg

Shiny Gold

goldfront.jpg

The black nickel looks really sharp! Are these going to be sold through the Geocoinstore, or are you selling them yourself?

I'll be selling them myself.

I have just confirmed the final order of 70 black nickel, 20 shiny nickel and 10 shiny gold so will hopefully have them in a month or so.

Still need to work out price and postage but if anyone wants to reserve any let me know and I can let you know the price in a few weeks.

I'll let people on here have first choice on reserving/buying them but then will probably sell them mainly through ebay.

Edited by CW88

The coins have arrived :lol::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are only 100 of these though a few have already gone - and I have created an online store for them which is hopefully working ok and should be easy to use.

I am also listing a few on ebay too. I activated one (TB3QDJ7) to check it and all worked fine, though still waiting for the custom logo to be uploaded by Groundspeak.

http://www.freewebstore.org/SomethingFishyGeocoin

coins.jpg

Edited by CW88

I went to that site, changed currency to USD, and its showing $22 per coin. Is that correct?

That might have been the shiny gold one, but had put the wrong price and should be changed now.

The black nickel is £8 ($12), Silver £10 ($15), gold £12 ($18)

I went to that site, changed currency to USD, and its showing $22 per coin. Is that correct?

That might have been the shiny gold one, but had put the wrong price and should be changed now.

plus shipping for $22.94 USD

ILYK

plus shipping for $22.94 USD

It's not so easy for us Europeans, to ship for a good price into US..... , but the shop has another problem, you have no shipping cost when you buy more then 7 coins..