Looking for a GPS and Advice

wrtiii

I've been caching without a GPS on occasion for a couple years now. The odd time I would get out with a friend that had a GPS.

What I would like to purchase is a Garmin GPS60 Csx . I recently saw one in my area on kijiji but the seller had no interest in telling me whether it was registered or not with MyGarmin and claimed he had gotten it used. So with the seller not willing to check for me or supply me with the serial number so I could check, I was not willing to purchase it.

I am with the Military and as such move every few years and defiantly need to be able to update the unit.

If I cannot find a 60Csx for a reasonable price (which if you ask my gf would be $0) although I am hoping to talk her into spending the money on one, because we can use it for a in car road direction unit as well as geocaching.

but if all else fails then I need to find the "cheapest" relativly speaking (under $100 ?) solution possible to tide me over.. finding caches without a gps is getting tedious...

Any insight would be great,

I'm up here in the great north, Winnipeg, MB.

Been to the top of the world and the most northern cache out there as well. Thankfully for the sign I didn't need a gps there either :wub:

Thanks Guys,

Bill