Editing of TB logs

MarViDa

Is there any way to remove a travel bug's tracking number from a log entry, without the deletion of the log?

I have this situation and have asked the cacher to edit the log. If it is not resolve by this method, then how can the owner take care of this?

Edited by MarViDa

Okay then back to my original advice.

Be careful about deleting logs as it might affecting the tracking history. If the cacher doesn't respond contact the TB forum mod Eartha for assistance.

deleting a TB or Coin log does not affect the location or distance travelled, that's why i said to post a note

Yes you can affect the tracking history if you aren't careful about deleting a log. I think I've been involved with fixing travel bug tracking enough times to have a fairly informed opinion on the subject.

Additionally, deleting logs should be the very last option to correct a tracking number posted in a bug log. If the OP has any concerns about whether or not they can delete the log without affecting tracking they can certainly ask here in the forums.

Edited by BlueDeuce

If they won't take the number out, ask me to, or your local reviewer. Send me a link to the log in question. I send messages to the cacher when I have to remove the tracking numbers, so they will be made aware of it by me, as well.

Edited by Eartha

I met this issue - I found TB in cache where it shouldn't be. So I created a log with "grabb" option but there wasn't possibility to log the location. Then I found that it shoudl be possible to log also the location as somebody in the history of this TB did it. So I, unfortunately, deleted my log and log it again - but this time only Discover option there...

I hope I will fix the TB history this weekend placing it quite near to place where I found it and correcly logging it there, but it would be nice to know where I did a mistake when doing the first log.

I met this issue - I found TB in cache where it shouldn't be. So I created a log with "grabb" option but there wasn't possibility to log the location. Then I found that it shoudl be possible to log also the location as somebody in the history of this TB did it. So I, unfortunately, deleted my log and log it again - but this time only Discover option there...

I hope I will fix the TB history this weekend placing it quite near to place where I found it and correcly logging it there, but it would be nice to know where I did a mistake when doing the first log.

When you find a bug in a cache and it is listed in a different cache or being held by another person it may be that someone had just dropped off the bug and hasn't had a chance to do the logging yet. Give it a couple three days if you can, then if nothing happens go ahead and Retrieve or Grab the bug into your possession.

To give the bug credit for being in the cache you found it in, post a Note on the cache page and Drop the bug then Retrieve it back out as normal. Then you can move the bug along to the next cache.

The bug you have is currently in your possession. You have to post a Note or a Found it log on a cache to be able to Drop it.