GCVote website updated + facebook

Rhialto

Anyway to go back and log ratings on a cache?

Sure, just visit this page! (N.B Depending of the number of cache found and your computer speed, there may be a delay).

I made it myself and added over 300 rating to 480+ caches found. I was amazed to remember exactly that much caches I visited and it was great to go back in my souvenirs. Very good exercise to prevent Alzheimer. :P

From looking briefly does it only pertain to some caches or will it pertain to all.

All caches. 326533 individual caches have at least one rating out of 1 million, not bad!

Edited by Rhialto

I will take the problem to the GSAK support forum, but for here let me say that the GCVote may not be ready for prime time.

I get an ~30-second delay changing pages, not all caches have data (right-hand column) and I get a script error when I try to leave the page.

I love the concept, and once the wrinkles are ironed out I can see many if not most geocachers adopting it.

GSAKError.png

I will take the problem to the GSAK support forum, but for here let me say that the GCVote may not be ready for prime time.

I get an ~30-second delay changing pages, not all caches have data (right-hand column) and I get a script error when I try to leave the page.

I love the concept, and once the wrinkles are ironed out I can see many if not most geocachers adopting it.

GSAKError.png

What version of the fox are you using?

I have been having problems with it myself, and nothing GCVote specific.

Well there was this one time I had a script stall error, but all day I had also been having problems with hulu and netflix. My wife has been complaining about farmvill and her crap.

Seems like after about a month of refusing to upgrade firefox, it goes to hell in a hand basket until I do.

Right now I'm still refusing to upgrade.

well well aint that something, speak of the devil. After I typed that paragraph, I went to have a smoke and firefox hung for 3 min when I came back to write the last sentence.

Now for the rest.

The page you took your screeny of, it happens to be the page that most people have problems with.

No offence to BonnerGuido, but I happen to find it impractical.

You can rate a cache when you go to its page and you can rate the cache during the log phase, so having it in your 30 day history is a tad redundant.

Open greasemonkey & select "Manage User Scripts" select GC-Vote script from the script list.

Look under "Included Pages" for...

http*://www.geocaching.com/my/*

Select it and click "Remove" and then "OK".

that should help the problem.

If you are having problems with huge bookmark lists (I set to 100 per page)

Then remove...

http*://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?*

You can rate a cache when you go to its page and you can rate the cache during the log phase, so having it in your 30 day history is a tad redundant.

it may be redundant, but i find (found) it quite useful. it would be nice to have if it didn't slow the page down, so yeah, i too do prefer a fast loading profile page over seeing the voting stuff on there, which is why i removed it as well :P

I usually leave the script disabled unless I am voting or searching through the ratings. That way, it doesn't slow down my computer while I do non GCVote related things. Never got the script error above.

Those without information in the caching history are either notes, or are multiple visits. You either need to log a find or a DNF to vote from this page, and you need to voe on the most recent find/DNF.

I usually leave the script disabled unless I am voting or searching through the ratings.

That is a solution I was about to tell you... in fact in the installation instructions for firefox it is said you can click the monkey face to disable it and when you need rating you enable it again.

Some may use more than one Greasemonkey script so that maybe not the best option but it's one of them.

I usually leave the script disabled unless I am voting or searching through the ratings.

That is a solution I was about to tell you... in fact in the installation instructions for firefox it is said you can click the monkey face to disable it and when you need rating you enable it again.

Some may use more than one Greasemonkey script so that maybe not the best option but it's one of them.

Not an option for me as I run a number of GreaseMonkey GC helper scripts.

Greasemonkeyscripts.png

SNIP

Open greasemonkey & select "Manage User Scripts" select GC-Vote script from the script list.

Look under "Included Pages" for...

http*://www.geocaching.com/my/*

Select it and click "Remove" and then "OK".

that should help the problem.

If you are having problems with huge bookmark lists (I set to 100 per page)

Then remove...

http*://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?*

I like the idea of GCvote, but it's made my browser a lot slower. Thanks for the tips on how to speed it up again!

What version of the fox are you using?

Right now I'm still refusing to upgrade.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 on a fast Dual-core 6Gb RAM homebrew PC running Windows 7 Ultimate on 1.5Gb cable access.

Why would you not upgrade?

Because the last 4 that I have done have been quite the microsoftish experience.

There are files that firefox will only make if they don't exists and for some reason they wont work correctly on my PC after an upgrade. I have had to track down 1-3 of them after each upgrade and delete them to let it rebuild them.

2 times I have had to open files to manually alter paths.

Then there are the hours recovering from information loss.

Recovering from and addons that my have been messed up during the process.

Right now I'm stuck on build, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.15) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15

If Mozilla had a 25 dollar an hour troubleshooting guarantee for me then I would upgrade in a heart beat, but until then I'll wait till I cant tolerate the performance. :P

VA: why don't you uninstall that version to clean install 3.6.3? The Java engine was updated in 3.5 branch and again in 2.6 branch if I remember correctly.

I never had a problem with firefox and I began using it at 3.0.x up to 3.6.3. I think the upgrade process is one of the easiest I have seen in all the software I use. I always have 10+ tabs open all the time and I like that after the upgrade they all open again.

VA: why don't you uninstall that version to clean install 3.6.3? The Java engine was updated in 3.5 branch and again in 2.6 branch if I remember correctly.

I never had a problem with firefox and I began using it at 3.0.x up to 3.6.3. I think the upgrade process is one of the easiest I have seen in all the software I use. I always have 10+ tabs open all the time and I like that after the upgrade they all open again.

six of one, a half dozen of the other.

Spend hours repairing or hours reinstalling.

I'll get around to it when hang times get to long or happen to often.

Good thing about the situation is when I'm trying to convince my wife that I need more ram, better video cards, faster mobo etc etc. :)

been trying to convince her to let me get a Biostar TA790GX A3+.

doesn't seem like it is going to happen now that she has a netflix wii disk. :P

:lol: maybe I should put a bandwidth limitation on the wii, I don't think she knows my comp wont effect it ;)