Geocaching & MoD land?

You will find most of MOD land is open to the public unless red flags are firing usually around range areas...Unless stated then you are free to roam around.

???

Do you mean MOD land - or land that the Military use for exercises?

Around here they're NOT the same thing, and I doubt you'd be allowed onto MOD land.

MOD training area not the barracks...

Quite often the training area doesn't belong to the MOD.

When we were last round Swanage way, there's a whole pile of land that gets closed off when the Army are doing exercises, but it's regular farmers fields and stuff.

Ditto - see Dartmoor, Woodbury Common, The Brecon Beacons, etc .......

MOD training area not the barracks...

Quite often the training area doesn't belong to the MOD.

When we were last round Swanage way, there's a whole pile of land that gets closed off when the Army are doing exercises, but it's regular farmers fields and stuff.

Ditto - see Dartmoor, Woodbury Common, The Brecon Beacons, etc .......

I was going to reference yourself earlier cos I knew you'd know these things.....

now off to blog using Facebook :P

Don`t think I`d fancy wandering round an area like that too often. I did a series up outside Catterick a few years ago and I was so glad it was as foggy as l. What made it slightly worse was one part that went almost through the town and right past the big red sign that reminded people to report suspicious activity, and there`s me hanging round doing my best not to look suspicious. At one point 3 or 4 warrior apcs drove past and the commander of each one gave me a good stare as they passed by

Edited by jason johnson