Found the cache, found our cat!

The QCs

Today we found 10 caches and our cat- he's been missing for 6 months!

We were on our way home from a great day of 6 FTFs and a few other caches, when we thought we'd try a localish (less than 10 miles away) one. After a 20 minute search for the cache, we found it, logged our visit, the little one (BabyDippy) swapped some treasure and then we headed back to the car. After 100 yards we heard a 'meow meow meow' and out of the bushes leapt a cat...our cat! We haven't seen him since October!

We had a mile to walk back to our car so we let him follow us, we carried him, put him on TinyDippy's pushchair (stroller) and eventually we made it back to the car.

He's now asleep on the couch. He is covered in fleas and ticks, but he does not look too thin.

What are the chances of finding your cat 6 months after he has gone missing, many miles from home, whilst Geocaching?!

We shall rename him the GeoCacheCat- our best cache of the day.

WOW, that is cool. Congrats on the reunion.

While out caching I've run in to stray dogs with dog tags on. I always try to coax the dog in to coming to me so I can try and call the owner, but so far they're always to skittish to come to my calls. It's interesting how hard it is to call a dog when you don't know their name.

That is an amazing story! Congrats on the reunion. I too lost a Cat a few months ago. The lady who found him didn't take him to the shelter for a week, but he was found the same day he disappeared 1.5 miles from home. So 10 miles for a Cat missing for months doesn't surprise me one bit.

I love the story. My wife and I were geocaching at a state park about a mile from our campsite, when my wife heard meowing. She stopped and called and a cat walked out of the brush and threw itself at my wifes feet. I knew I was in trouble. She carried him all the way back to our campsite. and after a trip to the local humane society to check him for a chip. He didn't have one. We now have a wonderful cat named Cache!bf3b83c3-aef4-442b-a99a-43e6c0d46a8a.jpg

Here is the picture of my wife carring him back to the tent.

Thanks for sharing!

I love the story. My wife and I were geocaching at a state park about a mile from our campsite, when my wife heard meowing. She stopped and called and a cat walked out of the brush and threw itself at my wifes feet. I knew I was in trouble. She carried him all the way back to our campsite. and after a trip to the local humane society to check him for a chip. He didn't have one. We now have a wonderful cat named Cache!bf3b83c3-aef4-442b-a99a-43e6c0d46a8a.jpg

Here is the picture of my wife carring him back to the tent.

Thanks for sharing!

Cat love... I adore cats that love me. I have two cats. One loves me and wants to be near me all the time. The other would rather I just fed her and never touched her or even looked at her.(I do force cuddle her sometimes)

Cats are weird.

Cat love... I adore cats that love me. I have two cats. One loves me and wants to be near me all the time. The other would rather I just fed her and never touched her or even looked at her.(I do force cuddle her sometimes)

Cats are weird.

Cats are like women.

When they want to be cuddled, you better cuddle them. When they don't want to be cuddled, you better leave them alone.

:wub:

Cats are weird.

Cats are like women.

When they want to be cuddled, you better cuddle them. When they don't want to be cuddled, you better leave them alone.

:wub:

Girls are like cats lol. Cute one moment and then ready to scratch your eyes out!

Edited by DannyCaffeine