Found my first!

K5HJ

Decided to stop off on the way home from work and nab a couple of close-by Benchmarks today (CS3388 and CS2808). OK, they are my first.

Found both pretty easily. I did find out that these things need to be cleaned off for photographic purposes. Between the dirty disks and the glare on the Garmin screen, it makes a pretty interesting photo challenge.

Tried another one, CS1325, which looks to be covered over with a road. There are a couple of water department access holes that are within a few feet of where I think the Benchmark should be. Wonder if it is under one of those covers?

quote:
Tried another one, CS1325, which looks to be covered over with a road. There are a couple of water department access holes that are within a few feet of where I think the Benchmark should be. Wonder if it is under one of those covers?

According to the description for CS1325, it was placed on a footing of a water tank. Is the tank still there? If not, the footings might still be there, or they may have been ripped up to put in the road. If you can't find the footings for the tank, I'd call it a not found.

I just purchased my new Garmin GPS V and was needing to test it out. Well, since I've cleaned out all of my local geocaches I was trying to figure out what to do. That's when I checked the board and saw the Benchmark. The rest is recent history!

I've found 4 of them today. Two were easy local water towers and one was an old water tower no longer in use. The most fun was a Benchmark disk.

http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.asp?PID=DN0064

The coordinates were a quite a bit off, but the description took me to the area and from there I finally figured it out.

It was alot of fun!

What is it about this stuff that draws me to it!?!?! It eats at me! I find myself spending most of my free time planning cache searches and now Benchmark? My wife just shakes her head...

Definately an obsession! icon_smile.gif

~Honest Value Never Fails~

I just purchased my new Garmin GPS V and was needing to test it out. Well, since I've cleaned out all of my local geocaches I was trying to figure out what to do. That's when I checked the board and saw the Benchmark. The rest is recent history!

I've found 4 of them today. Two were easy local water towers and one was an old water tower no longer in use. The most fun was a Benchmark disk.

http://www.geocaching.com/mark/details.asp?PID=DN0064

The coordinates were a quite a bit off, but the description took me to the area and from there I finally figured it out.

It was alot of fun!

What is it about this stuff that draws me to it!?!?! It eats at me! I find myself spending most of my free time planning cache searches and now Benchmark? My wife just shakes her head...

Definately an obsession! icon_smile.gif

~Honest Value Never Fails~