Can I do this?

estrelle

it seems like I should divulge a little more info about that.

Or maybe not. I realize this is the Internet and all that, but fictitious or not, that's a little too much information :laughing: And there's that little thing about forum guidelines...

My lifestyle is unusual (thought not as much as you might think), but definitely not fictitious. Look me up on [edit] if you don't believe me. I'm a member of all those groups.

I felt it was important to set narcissa's mind at ease and to clarify for the sake of others who may have the same impression or get that impression after reading narcissa's words. I do not want people to incorrectly believe I'm in an abusive relationship at all. Note that I did not choose to bring up the subject, I felt that I had to explain so people didn't get the wrong idea. I'm not shoving anything in anyone's face, I'm just being myself.

I did not say anything explicit and I should hope that I would be afforded the same right to express myself as a member of any other sexual minority. You don't have to understand but I do hope you can be respectful. FWIW our relationship functions very similarly to the "traditional" model. Maybe that makes you feel more at ease. ;)

Edited by estrelle

Just wanted to again say "thank you" to all of you who have been so helpful to me in figuring out this coded writing thing. I'm a newbie and I appreciate how warm and nice I've found the geocaching community to be so far. I'm trying to spread the love by creating a fun cache for others to enjoy. :laughing: Thank you!!

Maybe that makes you feel more at ease. :laughing:

Oh, I'm not disturbed at all. But my approval (or lack of) should not, and likely does not, concern you at all ;)

Anyway, back on topic, if the choices I gave above (dealextreme) is not something you're interested in, I found a few methods when I googled "how to make UV ink". You'll still need the $1 UV flashlight from Walmart mentioned by Vater_Araignee above.

Maybe that makes you feel more at ease. :laughing:

Oh, I'm not disturbed at all. But my approval (or lack of) should not, and likely does not, concern you at all ;)

Anyway, back on topic, if the choices I gave above (dealextreme) is not something you're interested in, I found a few methods when I googled "how to make UV ink". You'll still need the $1 UV flashlight from Walmart mentioned by Vater_Araignee above.

That sounds more do-able. I'll look into that. Thank you ;)

I think I'm done with this thread. I've gotten a lot of great ideas and it seems like most possibilities have been exhausted. Once again, thank you, and happy caching!

FWIW, the caches around here that require UV lights do not provide the UV lights. They simply indicate that "special equipment" is required, and provide some hints about the nature of that "special equipment". It probably helps that there have been a few group purchases of UV flashlights, and many people (including the owners of the UV-dependent caches) are willing to loan their UV flashlights.

The local caches that use UV paint don't have problems with the rain. They do have problems with prolonged exposure to the sun though, so the cache stages are designed to protect the UV paint from such exposure.

(If you want to use UV paint/ink to make a night cache, then it can help to use multiple symbols: some in fluorescent paint/ink, and some in non-fluorescent paint/ink that looks the same under normal lighting conditions.)

I looked for thermochromic materials, but didn't find any that would match your budget. The best idea I had was to use strips of different materials to create a 7-segment display. At normal temperatures, all the segments would look the same. When heated, some of the segments would change color, and those segments would form digits. But I'm not sure where to get those materials within your budget, and the natural/vegan requirement may be an issue too.

You can get magic markers that do exactly what you want to do. You use the invisible ink magic marker to write a message. In cache #2 you leave the other marker. This marker reveals anything that the invisible marker wrote. You just scribble over the blank piece of paper and the message appears.

My brother and I used to play "spy" as kids and we left message all over the place.

Crayola make a kit. It come with invisible an invisible ink marker and 2 decoder markers.

I live out in Los Angeles and a lighter or anything that requires fire would be a bad thing. Just watch the news during "fire season".

As far as my boyfriend's control over my spending..it seems like I should divulge a little more info about that. "Boyfriend" may not be the right the word. He is my Dom and I am his collared submissive. We are in a 24/7 Dominance/submission (BDSM/kink) relationship. His control over me is consensual and carefully negotiated. You may also be comforted to know I'm slightly older than you might assume, given that I've mentioned being a college student. I'll be 26 in May. I don't believe I need to learn a relationship lesson, at least not in the way you suggest. I am a big girl, and this is my choice, but I appreciate your concern, I suppose. :P

Dang, can I send my wife to you for training? 36 years married and "Dom" is a totally a foreign concept...! :lol:

Did you give the color-embedded text that is revealed when held under another-colored sheet of plastic any consideration? It does all you are asking to do with no heat, no liquids and almost no cost.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler