What online Map as more info than the 1:25

1 inch to the mile is the 1:50,000 scale which has less detail that 1:25,000. As far as I know the 1:25,000 is the largest you'll get with topographical details. Higher than that and online services show 'street' view only.

This link allows you to enter your search area in any coordinate format or postcode and you can view the results in 1:50K or 1:25K and can print them.

Chris (MrB)

What online Map as more info than the 1:25

like 1 mile to the inch

ie detail that is printable too?

Mapping 1:10,000 does exist, but it is old and out of date. Mind if I ask why you need more detail that that on a 1:25,000 map? It is amazingly detailed.

I would disagree that it's out of date. In fact, from the other thread, ISTR that the 1:10k is the stuff that's updated on a daily basis. The reason being is that Planning departments use it when giving consent.

As an utterly pedantic addendum to this thread:

1 inch to the mile is 1:63,360 (36 inches to the yard x 1760 yards to the mile=63360)

A 1:50000 map is about 1.25 inches to the mile

A 1:25000 map is about 2.5 inches to the mile

I find my middle and index finger placed together are just about a mile at 1:50000, ideal for estimating distances on OS maps.

Regards,

Neil