Wishlist for Birdseye

I have tried Birdseye and I like it :D, I have got subscription and even ordered new 16GB SD card to make room for lots of it (I hope :D my Colorado 300 will work with it).

There is my wishlist:

1) More control over the brightness and contrast of the images on GPS, right now the BaseCamp is brightening the images when sending to the GPS which makes them look washed out and some features with lesser contrast are hard or impossible to see. Much better would be contrast and brightness and perhaps saturation sliders which would apply when sending the images to the unit (preview would be nice but not dealbreaker). I would really love if this was available on the GPS itself for ad hoc use based on actual conditions but that's probably not possible. At the very least, I'd like to turn the brightening off.

2) Given the size of the imagery, it would help to be able to select non rectangular area. The pictures ultimately consist of small tiles and there seems to be no technical reason why JNX files should cover rectangles only. Obviously UI to create the selection would be a bit more complex. One option would be to use something like MapSource does to select map segments for upload to the GPS. Having this would help my 3rd wish.

3) Faster download speed, right now, it is horrible. Downloading some 140MB of imagery more than 4 hours using fast cable connection is really bad. I can only hope that with more subscribers, Garmin will invest into more powerful hardware. It would not hurt if the download page showed estimate of remaining time.

4) More consistent images, I was downloading area around Kirkwood Ski Resort and half of the images were from winter with snow, half from summer. It is a weird mix and also winter images are hiding many terrain features.

Please comment and add your own ideas and let's hope someone from Garmin will read this forum thread.

For a higher probability of someone at Garmin reading your wishlist you should post the same message at https://forums.garmin.com/

Done. It is here

Thanks for the tip.

Please comment there so that it gets some traction.

being FREE!!! just thought I would throw that out!

Garmin is not charity and I think $30 a year is very reasonable price.

Edited by Tomas4x4