Feature Request: Popcorn Smiley

simpjkee

I would like to suggest a limit on posters making a post if all their post contains is the popcorn eating smiley.

We've all seen where someone posts a question or discussion topic and then someone in the thread just posts a popcorn smiley with no comment or input on the topic. Whats with this? I know they are suggesting that the topic will cause drama, but if ya ain't got somethin to say, why ya postin?

Edited by simpjkee

I would like to suggest a limit on posters making a post if all their post contains is the popcorn eating smiley.

We've all seen where someone posts a question or discussion topic and then someone in the thread just posts a popcorn smiley with no comment or input on the topic. Whats with this? I know they are suggesting that the topic will cause drama, but if ya ain't got somethin to say, why ya postin?

Oh, I don't know. I'd much rather see a cute smiley than a post that consists completely of a quoted article, usually having little to do with the topic.

:D

Ok, help a noob out, how do you post those? :unsure:

I'll help you, but only if you promise not to makes posts that only contain a popcorn smiley. Deal?

Ok. When making a post, look to the left where the smilies are. Then click "show all" right under them. That will bring up all the smileys on the board. :D There's even a Signal Santa :lol:

Ok, help a noob out, how do you post those? :unsure:

I'll help you, but only if you promise not to makes posts that only contain a popcorn smiley. Deal?

Ok. When making a post, look to the left where the smilies are. Then click "show all" right under them. That will bring up all the smileys on the board. :D There's even a Signal Santa :unsure:

Ah, thanks! Never noticed that link. :lol:

I would like to suggest that the moderators should be able to just ban someone with no justification. No appeals, no excuses, just a ban and move on.

I figure the possibilities are about the same, but I guess it never hurts to ask.

All in favor?

I would like to suggest that the moderators should be able to just ban someone with no justification. No appeals, no excuses, just a ban and move on.

I figure the possibilities are about the same, but I guess it never hurts to ask.

All in favor?

Can those users you don't ban have the right to vote a mod out of office?

I would back that, if we can have a lottery where the winner gets to be mod for a day.

Imagine the fun, hilarity and excitement that would bring to the site.

I'm sure this will get lost in the general mass of smileys that people are posting here, but I just had to put my two cents in here. If you want to post something, as long as it isn't meant to be offensive or hurtful, no one should be allowed to tell you you CAN'T POST THAT! We have way, way, way, way, way, way too much regulation these days. If you want to use your freedom of expression to post a goofball thing like a single emoticon, then that's your right to do so, though it's my right to make fun of your un-original and righteous self!

I'm sure this will get lost in the general mass of smileys that people are posting here, but I just had to put my two cents in here. If you want to post something, as long as it isn't meant to be offensive or hurtful, no one should be allowed to tell you you CAN'T POST THAT! We have way, way, way, way, way, way too much regulation these days. If you want to use your freedom of expression to post a goofball thing like a single emoticon, then that's your right to do so, though it's my right to make fun of your un-original and righteous self!

moon.gif

smirk.gif