What is a PQ?

Jake340

It stands for "prime quotient." It's the ratio of your finds vs. your hides, and it's used to determine how many DNFs you're allowed to have before your account is suspended. ;)

Now that is not true.

Your account doesn't get suspended unless you are just a Basic Member. As a Premium Member your account gets downgraded to Basic before it gets suspended.

It stands for "prime quotient." It's the ratio of your finds vs. your hides, and it's used to determine how many DNFs you're allowed to have before your account is suspended. ;)

Now that is not true.

Your account doesn't get suspended unless you are just a Basic Member. As a Premium Member your account gets downgraded to Basic before it gets suspended.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute you can lose your account from getting dnfs? am i missing something

Now that is not true.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute you can lose your account from getting dnfs? am i missing something

No. You have it perfectly right. Why do you think so many people are reluctant to log them? Fear of embarrassment? pfft...

Edited by Taoiseach
It stands for "prime quotient." It's the ratio of your finds vs. your hides, and it's used to determine how many DNFs you're allowed to have before your account is suspended. :D

Now that is not true.

hmmm...I wonder what happens if you get too many DNFs as a Plantinum Member...

It stands for "prime quotient." It's the ratio of your finds vs. your hides, and it's used to determine how many DNFs you're allowed to have before your account is suspended. :P

Now that is not true.

elevation to "moderator" :D

It stands for "prime quotient." It's the ratio of your finds vs. your hides, and it's used to determine how many DNFs you're allowed to have before your account is suspended. :D

Now that is not true.

:P

What is a PQ and what can I use it for?

A PQ is a xml text file containing the cache listing details of up to 500 caches either in an area or along a route - all based on criteria that you specify. You can then load that data to a GPS unit and/or PDA for paperless Geocaching.

I think the second part of the OP's question is not really clear (not to me, at least). That is, what's it used for? Full disclosure: I've been a basic member for years, and never saw enough appeal or advantage to upgrade for this feature.

I didn't upgrade for the PQ's....I don't use 'em. I upgraded to support the site. Even though I'm on a budget, $30 a year is cheap for something that brings so much fun to my son and I. :D

What is a PQ and what can I use it for?

A PQ is a xml text file containing the cache listing details of up to 500 caches either in an area or along a route - all based on criteria that you specify. You can then load that data to a GPS unit and/or PDA for paperless Geocaching.

What you described is the result of running a PQ.

The result of a PQ can be copied directly into some GPS receivers, or imported into GSAK for further manipulation.

PQ's are crack cocaine for geocachers. If something goes wrong at the dealer level and the junkies don't get their daily fix, watch the forums for the screams of withdrawal pain.

LOC files, printouts and the "send to GPS" plugin are just gateway drugs.

Hmmm...thought so. I've noticed that the forums light up with lots of antsy PM's when the "PQ machine" slows down. Never understood the anxiety, especially since most were running the same PQ over and over and over and...