Lethbridge Geocachers

flyingmongooseattack

One Bad Ant usually sets up a Pizza & Beer event on the last Thursday of the month. This month it's a week early due to our CAR (Cache and Release) event on May 1/2.

There are actually a few aspects to the CAR event. First is a brunch being planned I think for Saturday morning before we start searching for new caches at noon. Then of course the main part of the weekend, finding as many caches as you can/want in a 24 hour period. The wrap up is Sunday May 2nd and the page is here.

The Saturday night event is a chance to get a midnight snack before turning in/starting out/heading out again.

If all that weren't enough, I know TeamDJM is planning another breakfast at Southside Humptys in Lethbridge the same day.

At the last breakfast, I was talking to morningrifter and I think they are planning another CARL (Cache and Release Lethbridge) for June, I'm looking forward to attending this year...

For the newbs, if you sign up for the newsletter from Groundspeak, you'll get notified of anything close by if your home coordinates are set up.

FMA, we crossed paths on the weekend, I was coming from Lethbridge to Calgary. D8kat, I've seen some of your logs. AKDP, I found this topic from your post on CAC forums. Welcome all!

I'll look forward to a CARL event in Lethbridge for sure.

To get people hooked, take them for a walk and bring your GPS...lol...as soon as you find a cache, they're hooked. :D Just make sure you take them to a place you're sure you'll find something. The first place we took someone to the cache had been muggled.

Edited by D8kat

I'll look forward to a CARL event in Lethbridge for sure.

To get people hooked, take them for a walk and bring your GPS...lol...as soon as you find a cache, they're hooked. :D Just make sure you take them to a place you're sure you'll find something. The first place we took someone to the cache had been muggled.

Good plan, I just need a way to pry them away from there studying and essay writing so they can come out and procrastinate with me in the woods. :D