User Rating System

IceG8r

I just attempted an IE installation, it all seemed to work well until gcvote.ieuser.js which results in an Error 404.

oops, link wasn't updated, try http://gcvote.com/gcvote.ieuser.js until Guido update it.

and now we have.

Script: C:\...\gcvote.ieuser.js

Line: 949

Char: 3

Error: 'localstorage' is undefined

Code: 800a1391

Source: Microsoft JScript runtime error

oops again! This time only Guido can help... :laughing:

Something new if you're a facebook user : http://www.facebook.com/pages/GCVote/111218195571952

I don't have time to boot Windows and check this, but from a quick glance at the source, this should only happen if IE7Pro is not installed. But I may be wrong.

Maybe the secret is not rating it what is actually average but what you feel should be average. :laughing:

Yup, the average cache for an area isn't necessarily an average cache. That depends on the average COs in the area.

Just think about the caches you you can take or leave and call them a baseline 3, then rate all others accordingly.

I wish I could give a -1 rating to those caches that in my opinion are so bad I refuse to log them.

I don't have time to boot Windows and check this, but from a quick glance at the source, this should only happen if IE7Pro is not installed. But I may be wrong.

IE version 8.0.6001.18702IC

IE7Pro 2.4.8

I also have Mozilla, I will try with it if still unsuccessful with IE8.

I believe you would have a better experience with firefox as it was primary designed to run on it (I mean GreasMonkey) and then someone managed to make a script to run GreaseMonkey on IE7+, thus we guess it's not 100% compatible.

BUT! Guido need inputs from IE7+ users so he can work on troubleshooting that particular version so if you can help him out he will appreciate.

I also have Mozilla, I will try with it if still unsuccessful with IE8.

I believe you would have a better experience with firefox as it was primary designed to run on it (I mean GreasMonkey) and then someone managed to make a script to run GreaseMonkey on IE7+, thus we guess it's not 100% compatible.

BUT! Guido need inputs from IE7+ users so he can work on troubleshooting that particular version so if you can help him out he will appreciate.

Here is what I have so far.

I manually installed gcvote.ieuser.js (read as directly saved the file to C:\\iepro\userscripts)

Then I went to my profile page.

bwaa hahahaha hold on this is choice, allow me to repost.

Here is what I have so far.

I manually installed gcvote.ieuser.js (read as directly saved the file to C:\\...\iepro\userscripts)

Then I went to my profile page.

bwaa hahahaha hold on this is choice, allow me to repost.

Ok so at that point I decided I was going to recreate an issue by recopying the file and doing a screen shot, I didn't get to the screen shot.

After I copied the file "again" and went to my profile, BLAM it started working.

So copy gcvote.ieuser.js to your userscripts folder in the IEPro directory.

Then open preferences in IEPro:

Select "User Scripts"

make sure GC-Vote is checked

Hit OK.

Go to you geocaching.com profile and input your password for GCvote.

Close your browser and reboot.

If it still isn't working then I'm sorry to say you may have to start a goof ball loop it like I just did. :wub:

In another thread I was reminded that polls, even off-site polls linked to from these forums, are against the forum guidelines without Groundspeak's prior approval.

Neither of these polls are important enough to me to bother with, as they were mostly for my curiosity, and one was already shut down for me, therefore I am shutting down the poll opened earlier in this thread.

Thanks for playing!

Final results as of this moment: Not enough votes to be statistically significant.

MicroPoll

Would you like to see a geocache rating system on geocaching.com?

Yes 68% 76

No 32% 35

Total Votes : 111