Geocache acronyms?

I'm a cache owner, and I"m happy to see short or long logs. Not everybody is a wordsmith, and not every cache experience is worthy of a long log.

Write your logs as you see fit.

yes i agree, but as a cache owner i extremly dislike it when TFTC is the only thing on the online log

yes i agree, but as a cache owner i extremly dislike it when TFTC is the only thing on the online log

I just can't be arsed to get upset about something like that. I'm just happy that people are finding my caches - that's what they're there for!

yes, true, but (you'll understand what i mean) when you go through the planning and work to do a cache that is different, a sole TFTC is somewhat dissapointing

WYBMADIITY?

Hmmm.... Why You Being Mean At Duh Ignorant Idiots That Yell?!?

Will You Be More Asinine During Intense Itchin' The Yucky??? Ok that just aint right!!

We Yearn Bigger Micros And Decons In Interesting Treasures, Yeaaahh!!!

Ok I give what is it.

FTF = Found Turd on Foot

SL = Stinkin' Letterbox

TFTC = Two Fried To Cache

TFTH = Took Fry Toy Home

TNLNSL = There's Nothing Like No Stinkin' Letterbox

Ok I give up. Is there anyone else here that could add something a little more humorous? Swiz

I just can't be arsed to get upset about something like that. I'm just happy that people are finding my caches - that's what they're there for!

I'm just not that selfless - I want something back for my efforts in the form of a log beyond just TFTC and I do my best to extend the same kindness to other cache hiders. We have one local cacher who writes a unique poem for every cache she finds ;) Obviously that is above and beyond but generally personalized logs add to an area's sense of community and say to the cache owner - I appreciate your time and contribution.

My favorite acronyms is URP (unusual rock pile) - it makes me smile - URP ;)

I'm just not that selfless - I want something back for my efforts in the form of a log beyond just TFTC and I do my best to extend the same kindness to other cache hiders. We have one local cacher who writes a unique poem for every cache she finds ;) Obviously that is above and beyond but generally personalized logs add to an area's sense of community and say to the cache owner - I appreciate your time and contribution.

When you set unreasonable expectations for others, you're bound to be disappointed.

Some people just aren't very wordy - this doesn't mean they don't appreciate your cache.

Some people use online logging simply for tracking - this doesn't mean they don't appreciate your cache.

Some people are short on time - this doesn't mean they don't appreciate your cache.

I assume that if someone found my cache and logged it without complaint, they appreciate that it was there for them to find. It's not about being "selfless," it's about not reading bad intentions into neutral actions.

I'm just not that selfless - I want something back for my efforts in the form of a log beyond just TFTC and I do my best to extend the same kindness to other cache hiders. We have one local cacher who writes a unique poem for every cache she finds :P Obviously that is above and beyond but generally personalized logs add to an area's sense of community and say to the cache owner - I appreciate your time and contribution.

My favorite acronyms is URP (unusual rock pile) - it makes me smile - URP :D

When you set unreasonable expectations for others, you're bound to be disappointed.

Some people just aren't very wordy - this doesn't mean they don't appreciate your cache.

Some people use online logging simply for tracking - this doesn't mean they don't appreciate your cache.

Some people are short on time - this doesn't mean they don't appreciate your cache.

I assume that if someone found my cache and logged it without complaint, they appreciate that it was there for them to find. It's not about being "selfless," it's about not reading bad intentions into neutral actions.

Narcissa, this is a very good point, thank you for pointing this out.

I've used DNS (Did Not Search), letting the owner know that there was interest in their cache, but something prevented my search (muggles, security, intense hail, dead animal at GZ). Oops! GZ = Ground Zero.

I also occasionally will log, "Reported to SPCSGC's"; 'society for the prevention of cruelty to short geocachers'. Somehow, I run into lots of caches that deserve that one! :D

yes, true, but (you'll understand what i mean) when you go through the planning and work to do a cache that is different, a sole TFTC is somewhat dissapointing

I have gone through the planning and work to put out creative caches. I still don't find short logs disappointing.

I am, however, disappointed at your thinly-veiled insinuation that I don't put effort into the caches I place.

I'm a cache owner, and I"m happy to see short or long logs. Not everybody is a wordsmith, and not every cache experience is worthy of a long log.

Write your logs as you see fit.

And after you're done doing that...feel free to add some acronyms.

If my Cache has anything about it worthy of mentioning in the logs, please share...and if My Cache was so lame that you have nothing to say about it, please share.

I'm just not that selfless - I want something back for my efforts in the form of a log beyond just TFTC and I do my best to extend the same kindness to other cache hiders. We have one local cacher who writes a unique poem for every cache she finds :D Obviously that is above and beyond but generally personalized logs add to an area's sense of community and say to the cache owner - I appreciate your time and contribution.

My favorite acronyms is URP (unusual rock pile) - it makes me smile - URP :D

There's a world of difference between "Not very wordy" and just plain lazy...they are already saying the words, thry re just too lazy to write them

Thank you for the Cache. Took nothing and left nothing.

I'd prefer this if that's all they have to say.

Writing only an acronym can kill a log. Writing the story of how you slipped in the mud, tripped over your own feet and fell onto the cache (or whatever else you happened to do) and then writing "but, TFTC anyways!" is fine by me!

OK

I couldn't help writing this. Prime Suspect - your avatar, ID and tagline are great! I'm glad I found the post about Geocache acronyms. I thought TFTF was thanks for the fun! That sounded good to me.

I have gone through the planning and work to put out creative caches. I still don't find short logs disappointing.

I am, however, disappointed at your thinly-veiled insinuation that I don't put effort into the caches I place.

WOW...You see a thinly-veiled insinuation where I see a compliment. Aren't they saying that they appreciate the work that YOU have put into your Caches. making them different?

yes, true, but when you go through the planning and work to do a cache that is different, a sole TFTC is somewhat dissapointing. You'll understand what I mean, because I know that you have gone through the planning and work to do a cache that is different
Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT
yes, true, but when you go through the planning and work to do a cache that is different, a sole TFTC is somewhat dissapointing. You'll understand what I mean, because I know that you have gone through the planning and work to do a cache that is different

When I first starting geocaching, a few short months ago, I thought that acronyms were what the "cool kids" used. This thread has been thought-provoking.

URP? try SPOR! suspicious pile of rocks, or if thats too long use "arizona style" :laughing:

Most of the acronyms I like to use would get me suspended from Groundspeak.

:) Me too...

But in all seriousness, I don't mind if someone wants to log my caches with acronyms, or cut and paste, or whatnot. It's their log. As long as someone found my cache and enjoyed it, that's all that matters.

I do enjoy reading interesting logs, but I would never require it of someone else. We try to write interesting logs too.

One thing that I realize is that not everyone is a typist. I type for a living, and type at 90+ words per minute (or WPM, another acronym, that most of you know I'm sure); but not everyone does that. Even folks who are very computer literate may not type well.

Or maybe they've found 20 gazillion caches in a day and they don't have time to type several paragraphs for each cache.

I just don't expect everyone to do stuff like that. I'm happy to see a log, even if it is all acronyms.

STF is waaaaay too close to STFU, wish i could stop seeing that sillyness. once first is gone... who cares who is 82905234th or 2nd? :anicute:

I think it would be awesome if I had a cache that had 82905234 finds. Actually, maybe I don't. The logbook would be tremendously huge. :laughing:

maybe it's just me, but the better the cache experience, the more detailed info my feedback is.. if the cache is nothing more then a guard rail micro, I find that replying with TFTC kind of fits the level of effort the CO went to place it.. like previously mentioned, it's a neutral feedback, for a totally neutral cache.. if it's a great cache, or one that has problems, I always let em know that

I tend to shun acronyms except when it's in closing, after I've written out an actual sentence or two.

I have to admit I laugh when I see a log that's just a jumble of letters strung together, especially when it's obvious the cacher was either out in the field or in a hurry, like:

"great cache!11 TFTC TNLN TFTH SLTNLN RKDJKSLSLEAHSJEOEPDD JKSJDSODDNDGHHHH!"

Edited by LincolnAdams

maybe it's just me, but the better the cache experience, the more detailed info my feedback is.. if the cache is nothing more then a guard rail micro, I find that replying with TFTC kind of fits the level of effort the CO went to place it.. like previously mentioned, it's a neutral feedback, for a totally neutral cache.. if it's a great cache, or one that has problems, I always let em know that

I definitely write more for caches that are better experiences for me. I mean, how much can one really write about a guard rail hide? If I can't find something unique to say about the hide itself, I try to say something about the area around the cache, like if there are pretty flowers blooming or some interesting wildlife. We've seen two coyotes while out caching this week, one of them at a cache that wasn't the greatest, we'll just say. I mean, really I'm heading to that place for the experience of being there, ultimately. Caching just happens to bring me to interesting places, and provide a fun activity while I'm there.

I don't write much in logs.

Mostly it's because after 35 years, my handwriting still looks like a 1st grader's.

That aside; many of the caches I've been finding lately are "nano" caches and don't have space and many are are LPCs and Micros that I don't want NCEs (non-caching entities) to see me fiddling with.

When I find one that's interesting to me I am more likely to write in the online log so more people may be interested in visiting it.