Weekend caching plans

Last weekend was perfect, and I couldn't afford to even leave the house. This weekend I have a few dollars to spare for a bit of caching, and it's been pouring rain for the last 2 days. I don't know if I wanna slop through the mud, so I reckon I'll stay home again and save up for sunnier days.

Suppose to be a great weekend here in the Hoosier State. My wife's college room mate is visiting so I might take her kids out caching with me and mine so they can have some time to visit.

What plans do y'all have?

We're taking a day trip down to Long Island to pick up caches for the very last six pages of the New York DeLorme challenge. Wahoo! We're really excited about it!! ;);)

Young Triskele is on lockdown until he finishes cleaning his black hole of a room. It's driving me CRAZY because caching isn't as fun when he's not with me...not to mention that he's really really good at finding them.

There's a CITO event tomorrow...we'll see if he makes it or not!

Young Triskele is on lockdown until he finishes cleaning his black hole of a room. It's driving me CRAZY because caching isn't as fun when he's not with me...not to mention that he's really really good at finding them.

There's a CITO event tomorrow...we'll see if he makes it or not!

With the condition of my eldest daughter's room I can understand, I need to find the shovel so she can clean it out. Well, unless she left it in there the last time in that case it is gone for good. But I understand, it is more fun with the kids along. Hey let me know how the CITO event goes. I have been knocking around the idea of doing one at a NF near here with another fellow and would like any ideas or suggestions you might pick up (no pun intended).

Our plan is 96 finds this weekend. I'm also looking for a place to put out a large geocache.

I want to find one of every type of cache. Excluding Project APE and Wherigo as there is none of them around me. I'm going to go try and find a letterbox hybrid nearby, and I also want to get a multi...

Last weekend was solitary caching, long walks through wild meadows on a beautiful spring weekend. Found a few caches (and a few wood and deer ticks) but generally just enjoyed nature and the weather. Tomorrow is more of a numbers day with a friend. Not huge numbers, but I will be working with a plan and a goal. I really enjoy switching it up like that sometimes.

deer ticks).

How can you see those things. They are soo small.. That's my only concern is getting lyme diease and never knowing because they are so small. They'd have to be filled out with blood for me to find it...

I've had so many ticks on me and embedded in me that I'm surprised that I even notice them. But I think it becomes an almost instinctual thing after a while. I won't even realize that I felt it, but I'll reach for it, knowing there is a tick there. Never had Lyme yet, knock on woodticks.

This weekend? Earning spousal credit and doing something with my daughter. But thanks to our governor's policy of three Friday Furloughs each month for state employees I was able to take a couple of respectable hikes today. Nine earthcaches, three wherigos, and some traditionals. Only three ticks. Next weekend we are doing a ten mile hike to get a cache in the back country. Yes.

Edited by Erickson