Upgrading from Garmin 60Csx?

General GPS using (hunting, hiking, etc) and geocaching.

Would you folks suggest the Oregon 300 or the Oregon 450?

It may see some limited car time also.

Thanks in advance!!

Oregon 450 or Dakota 20. You may find you prefer the latter for bright outdoor visibility. Both beat the 300 in that regard. Both include the 3-axis.

For what you are going to do and it looks like you won't use if for driving. I would get the 300 and Birdseye for satellite imagery.

>It may see some limited car time also.

I'd go 450. I thought about the 300, but then saw the 450. a great unit. I've mounted it up on my mountain, and having a lot of fun with it. (using the Arizona Topo & Southwest Trails transparent overlay, via gpsfiledept. what a great combo). you can't go wrong with the 450.

For what you are going to do and it looks like you won't use if for driving. I would get the 300 and Birdseye for satellite imagery.

>It may see some limited car time also.

I'd go 450. I thought about the 300, but then saw the 450. a great unit. I've mounted it up on my mountain, and having a lot of fun with it. (using the Arizona Topo & Southwest Trails transparent overlay, via gpsfiledept. what a great combo). you can't go wrong with the 450.

I'll probably go with the 450. I still need to convince the wife that I NEED a new gps and that I can still get a decent amount from my 60Csx when I sell it.