Vantage Point Update 1.73

New update for Vantage Point - 1.73

It now has the ability to connect to your user account on Geocaching.com and download Pocket Queries directly to the software. This is a huge time saver!

It has also gained the ability to show log entries from the cache listing, and to add a log entry to a cache listing on the website right from the software.

Pretty sweet!

Yeah I see that. I bet that's gonna frost some people.

You can however, still download the LOC and drag it into Vantage Point to add it, so it's not a complete loss. I just tried it and it worked properly. I found that using the import button was the tedious way to do it anyway - too many clicks. Drag and drop is much quicker.

From my own brief experiences with the LOC format and my Triton 400, I could never get them to work right. The unit would crash whenever I loaded them in, so for me I won't feel the disadvantage. I purchased the premium membership to gain access to the pocket queries and GPX format. For me the extra ability of the software adds even more value to it now.

Others may see things differently though, of that I am certain. :D

I can't get it to install on my desktop comp, running Win7 64bit. I was able to get the previous version installed so i think the update broke something for me.

I got it to install on my gf's comp running WinXP so I'll just use that for now.

If anyone knows of a place where I can download a previous version I'd like to try that out.