What did I find?

joefrog

Okay all, I posted this yesterday and it mysteriously dissapeared. So, here we go again!

I'm a hopelessly-addicted geocacher and would love to expand into benchmark hunting. I was looking for a cache recently and found (way up on a ridge) a cement block with a small disk set into it. There was no info on it that I could see, only an engraved "+" to mark center.

So, what did I find? Is it a benchmark, or something else?

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

The only person who would know what it is for certain would be the person who set it. It could be a local triangulation station, a traverse point, or a property marker. It could be a misplaced boat anchor for all that goes. Usually if a surveyor, or government agency sets a point in the ground, especially if it's as permanent as a cement block with a disk in it, it has some sort of markings to identify it and its purpose. Although its important to someone, with no clues to help you (or us) determine what it is, there's no telling what you found.

Keep on Caching!

- Kewaneh