Seattle to APE Cache - Looking for company

ToonAl

I will be in Seattle this coming Saturday for a conference. I am looking to go caching on Saturday and would like to try the APE cache (GC1169) on Saturday morning. I will have a small car so I can provide transportation. I was wondering if anyone is interested in accompanying me either from the area or also visiting.

If you are in town for the SAS Global Forums conference even better.

Please PM me and I will send you my email address.

don't think this would be a good weekend for going up there.. snow pack at the pass is around 5ft, and another storm is coming which could dump another foot or more.. road conditions will likely be quite bad, and avalanche danger will probably be quite high as well

don't think this would be a good weekend for going up there.. snow pack at the pass is around 5ft, and another storm is coming which could dump another foot or more.. road conditions will likely be quite bad, and avalanche danger will probably be quite high as well

Good thought. The storm due in on Thursday could even bring snow in the lower elevations. Remember that the cache is at basically the elevation of Snoqualmie Pass. Some folks were just up there a few week ago, but we have had snow since then. If you do go, be sure to check the avalanche danger before you head out. There are avalanche slopes in the area.

Okay thanks for this advice. I will probably not go now since I saw pictures of the snow in a previous log and it seem like it was not that bad (ankle deep). I really wanted this unique cache but if you are talking storms and avalanche potential maybe I will find my joy elsewhere. It seems that the Seattle area might have one or two other caches I could do. :D

Again thanks.

Okay thanks for this advice. I will probably not go now since I saw pictures of the snow in a previous log and it seem like it was not that bad (ankle deep). I really wanted this unique cache but if you are talking storms and avalanche potential maybe I will find my joy elsewhere. It seems that the Seattle area might have one or two other caches I could do. :D

Again thanks.

One to check out that is a good one in any weather is Ebey Bluffs. It is listed on the Northwest Classics bookmark list. Any of those on that list are good ones.

Okay thanks for this advice. I will probably not go now since I saw pictures of the snow in a previous log and it seem like it was not that bad (ankle deep). I really wanted this unique cache but if you are talking storms and avalanche potential maybe I will find my joy elsewhere. It seems that the Seattle area might have one or two other caches I could do. :P

Again thanks.

One to check out that is a good one in any weather is Ebey Bluffs. It is listed on the Northwest Classics bookmark list. Any of those on that list are good ones.

Thanks I will head up here. It looks real interesting trip and will let me see other sights.