Absurd shipping rates at Cabelas

I was just getting ready to order my Oregon 450 when I saw the cost for shipping. It is based on the dollar amount. Anything over $300 is $19.95 to ship. They stated that is their policy. That has to be the biggest rip off I have ever seen. This on top of high prices to begin with. Sorry Cabelas you have just lost my businesss. Now what do I do with all my Cabelas gift cards!

I was just getting ready to order my Oregon 450 when I saw the cost for shipping. It is based on the dollar amount. Anything over $300 is $19.95 to ship. They stated that is their policy. That has to be the biggest rip off I have ever seen. This on top of high prices to begin with. Sorry Cabelas you have just lost my businesss. Now what do I do with all my Cabelas gift cards!

You can mail them to me.

You can mail them to me.

...or me. I love their shirts and never look at the S&H cost.

Absolutely do not send the gift cards to either one of the losers above !

Send them to me and I'll hang on to them until the next time Cabela's sends me a "$20 off your next order of $150" coupon in the mail.

......or you could find someone that regularly orders from them.....they've probably got one of those coupons laying around.

(or call them and ask if you qualify for one of those discount coupons)

Edited by Grasscatcher

Pax42, Think about it, we'll both be losers if he follows our advice....

A new store is scheduled to open here in Grand junction, CO next month!

I'm waiting to get some Merrell shoes that are only sold at Cabelas. I'm almost already drooling....

The OP should ride a Polaris anyway...but then he'd have to change his name!

Edited by Grasscatcher

I am going to use the gift cards. I will just suck it up and make a trip to the PA store. It is a 2 hour ride for me. I just couldnt see the justification being based on the item price.

While I agree that it's absurd to charge shipping based upon the price of the item, how much gas money will you burn? 2 hours is 100-120 miles (guessing), at 25 MPG that's 4-5 gallons of gas at $3/gal, $12-$15 in gas. So you've saved $5-$8 by spending 2 hours in the car to go get it.

Is your time worth the $4/hour you just saved over the $20 shipping?

Pax42, Think about it, we'll both be losers if he follows our advice....

A new store is scheduled to open here in Grand junction, CO next month!

I'm waiting to get some Merrell shoes that are only sold at Cabelas. I'm almost already drooling....

The OP should ride a Polaris anyway...but then he'd have to change his name!

I think I've got those same Merrells. One of a couple pair I'm about to get really muddy at MOGA.

I am going to use the gift cards. I will just suck it up and make a trip to the PA store. It is a 2 hour ride for me. I just couldnt see the justification being based on the item price.

While I agree that it's absurd to charge shipping based upon the price of the item, how much gas money will you burn? 2 hours is 100-120 miles (guessing), at 25 MPG that's 4-5 gallons of gas at $3/gal, $12-$15 in gas. So you've saved $5-$8 by spending 2 hours in the car to go get it.

Is your time worth the $4/hour you just saved over the $20 shipping?

But think of the caches they can grab on the trip :D;)

Shipping is part of the full purchase price. Are you getting all upset that other sites charge even more for the gps but offer free shipping?

Shop around.

You can do a route and pick up caches along the way!!!! What were you thinking

That will be hard since he probably doesn't have a GPS at this time and no way to load them when he picks it up at the store.

He should take a caching buddy with their own GPS all loaded up. Sounds like a cool road trip.

Cabelas is a great place to buy items on sale. I have to agree that shipping is way to high but I think you mentioned that you are getting a store bye you soon? Sometimes Cabelas has free shipping. Haven't seen that promo for a few months. The store is great, they accept returns on just about everything. They also allow you to ship to the store for free. Sometimes their website has better prices than the store. I don't think I've been to the Cabelas store in over a month.. Having withdrawals!

Amazon has it for $364.05 and free shipping. You really need to shop around.

Cabelas is a fabulous store with an incredible selection of items.....but they are insainly expensive. Even Camping World, Gander Mountain and Bass Pro are all much less expensive in majority of the items in common they sell. I honestly would suggest Walmart or Amazon...they have best prices and shipping.