Downloads to Tomtoms and other PDA devises

Hello I am back yet again. Now that I am retired I must get out more on non model flying days.B) Things have changed it seems. I have caches loaded onto my old Tomtom but I want to update them. In the past I used I think it was a GB cache site to download all my unfound caches. I have just tried to search for such sites but alas can't fine it.

So any links to where I can download my unfound caches to either Tomtoms or other GPS devices?

Thanking you in eager anticipation.

Edited by McDeHack

You have to generate your own PQ's, and as the above says, use something like GSAK to export them to your TomTom. The latest TomTom macro allows you to show different icons by cache type (although it would be even better if it showed a different one for "unknown"). I use (%name %con1 %hint), which is normall enough to pick of drive bys without breaking out the extrex.

www.icache.co.uk can show you where ALL the UK caches are, but as yet you can't download it.

Bet you used to use GeocacheUK. Now no longer going B)

I use GSAK, which has a macro to export cache details to OV2 files (as used by TomTom)

Doesn't allow you to have the whole of the UK, but it gets a lot onto the TomTom!

Thanks to all for your replies. Yes it was GeocacheUK. Shame that it has gone.

Ah well, I will have to go for the GSAK way.

Edited by McDeHack

Hello I am back yet again. Now that I am retired I must get out more on non model flying days.:unsure: Things have changed it seems. I have caches loaded onto my old Tomtom but I want to update them. In the past I used I think it was a GB cache site to download all my unfound caches. I have just tried to search for such sites but alas can't fine it.

So any links to where I can download my unfound caches to either Tomtoms or other GPS devices?

More caches hidden Chingford / Walthamstow way I assume? B) I never did find that one hidden near the dog do bin!

Hello I am back yet again. Now that I am retired I must get out more on non model flying days.:grin: Things have changed it seems. I have caches loaded onto my old Tomtom but I want to update them. In the past I used I think it was a GB cache site to download all my unfound caches. I have just tried to search for such sites but alas can't fine it.

More caches hidden Chingford / Walthamstow way I assume? :unsure: I never did find that one hidden near the dog do bin!

You suprise me with your experience. It was 'stuck' under the bin. I say was, as the bin has now been removed. B)

Hello I am back yet again. Now that I am retired I must get out more on non model flying days.:lol: Things have changed it seems. I have caches loaded onto my old Tomtom but I want to update them. In the past I used I think it was a GB cache site to download all my unfound caches. I have just tried to search for such sites but alas can't fine it.

More caches hidden Chingford / Walthamstow way I assume? :grin: I never did find that one hidden near the dog do bin!

You suprise me with your experience. It was 'stuck' under the bin. I say was, as the bin has now been removed. B)

Yuk! I can't think of a worse place :unsure:

Hello I am back yet again. Now that I am retired I must get out more on non model flying days.;) Things have changed it seems. I have caches loaded onto my old Tomtom but I want to update them. In the past I used I think it was a GB cache site to download all my unfound caches. I have just tried to search for such sites but alas can't fine it.

HI I used to use GEOCACHEUK.COM which is no longer running so now i use GSAK. I download a pocket Querie from Geocaching then open it in GSAK, export to TOM TOM mod then drag it into my TOM TOM device folder

Hope this helps a little

justhejob

So there's no way to download all the caches in the UK to TomTom then?

Do you know how many caches there are in the UK?

Given that there are a million worldwide, I'd say at the most 10% of them are in the UK, giving around 100,000?

Shouldn't be a problem.

currently 60,000 in UK (give or take a few). However, even I don't carry them all around with me, primarily as they'd be out of date very quickly, and I don't often find myself making unscheduled trips to Scotland!

Using GSAK, you can build up a database of caches, both local, business destinations and holiday locations, and then simply download what you need to your TomTom, and/or GPS, as and when you need it! All you need is 10 minutes notice and access to GSAK and your good to go!

HTH

Dave