trackable travel bug tattoo

canvasguy

I want to get a tattoo of the travel bug, with actual trackable numbers? my thoughts were, actually order actual travel bug tags, and then have that number tattooed on, along with the symbol. and then just keep the actual tag safely at home. I would have it in a very noticeable place on my body, and any geocacher would be welcome to track my number? has this ever been done?? is it allowed? or totally insane?? any ideas, or info is greatlly appreciated... thanks, canvasguy

Edited by canvasguy

I have one, I got mine done last Thursday. The way I went about it is order a tag then I brought it along with a design into the local tattoo shop and they got it done. They didn't do the exact design, as it would have to be huge to get the lines but they did one where it is very noticeable to cachers. My first tattoo is a TB.

I have one, I got mine done last Thursday. The way I went about it is order a tag then I brought it along with a design into the local tattoo shop and they got it done. They didn't do the exact design, as it would have to be huge to get the lines but they did one where it is very noticeable to cachers. My first tattoo is a TB.

How about a photo?

Smudge out the tracking number. If your bug starts getting virtually logged it could get locked down by the gc.com admins. That last thing you want is an un-trackable tattoo.

How about a photo?

Smudge out the tracking number. If your bug starts getting virtually logged it could get locked down by the gc.com admins. That last thing you want is an un-trackable tattoo.

This is from the day I got the tattoo http://www.whereisrj.com/pics/tattoo.jpg

I want to get a tattoo of the travel bug, with actual trackable numbers? my thoughts were, actually order actual travel bug tags, and then have that number tattooed on, along with the symbol. and then just keep the actual tag safely at home. I would have it in a very noticeable place on my body, and any geocacher would be welcome to track my number? has this ever been done?? is it allowed? or totally insane?? any ideas, or info is greatlly appreciated... thanks, canvasguy

Than if it gets l0st than what you just have that "INK" all in you ARE YOU CRAZY!!!1

How about a photo?

Nice ink! Was thinking of getting a tb tat myself and your pic tipped the scales in favour. :P

How about a photo?

Nice ink! Was thinking of getting a tb tat myself and your pic tipped the scales in favour. :P

If ya get one post a pic. I'm hoping to eventually meet someone with a TB tattoo. I know who in my state has one but I haven't met her yet. I'm sure we will bump into each other at the Mega Event in West Bend, WI in August.

Personally I'd first get through the honeymoon period, then the seven year itch before even considering such a commitment.

I moved in with my girlfriend only after a week after meeting her. We were married around a year later. I guess I kinda move on the quick side.

So, did you hold out for a really cool tracking number or did you just ink whatever bug hit your mailbox first? ;) I have a few tags I ended up holding, because the tracking number is too interesting for just a common cache traveler. But I don't see a tattoo in my future; they're probably destined for pieces of a puzzle cache or something along those lines.

So, did you hold out for a really cool tracking number or did you just ink whatever bug hit your mailbox first? ;) I have a few tags I ended up holding, because the tracking number is too interesting for just a common cache traveler. But I don't see a tattoo in my future; they're probably destined for pieces of a puzzle cache or something along those lines.

I bought four tags at the same time, I picked the one out of the four tags I liked and went from there.

Wow. This thread was emailed to me by The Blorenges. I never realised there was so many of us tattoed TBs. I have had mine at the base of my neck for just over a year now. I got mine just slightly bigger than the actual bug and it was done exact. You can see the tattoo if you check in on my profile. I met Jeremy Irish at the Mega in scotland and we spoke about a new icon for Trackable Tattooes and he has emailed me a couple of concepts. Cool. I would really think about it before going out and getting it. I know many people who were "passionate" about geocaching but then gave it up. Remember tattooes are for life. But so is geocaching

LeeMC80 Tattoo TB

Edited by leemc80

I would love to get a trackable tattoo, how would I go about getting a tracking number and activation code for my artist to add to one of my tattoo designs???? other than ordering an actual tb or geocoin????

You'll have to get a trackable number by buying a TB tag. Once you have the tattoo completed you have to send a picture of it to Groundspeak and they will change the TB icon to the new Tattoo trackable icon.

MrsB

I would love to get a trackable tattoo, how would I go about getting a tracking number and activation code for my artist to add to one of my tattoo designs???? other than ordering an actual tb or geocoin????

You'll have to get a trackable number by buying a TB tag. Once you have the tattoo completed you have to send a picture of it to Groundspeak and they will change the TB icon to the new Tattoo trackable icon.

MrsB

Thanks, I'll do that with the next tb order I place, and I'll put a pick up here on line (with the number blurred out)...